Door Hinge Screws + A Variety of Expletives

I got extra bolts from this fellow, found it on here. Fairly priced and matched once painted

https://jeephardware.com/model/tj/
Thanks for the quick assist. These actually look to be the same length as the ones I just purchased and am now returning. See below - the left - much stubbier - screw is the original; the right screw is the new one that I'm returning (and looks similar to the Jeep Hardware product)
IMG-3323.jpg

about 2/3 of the way in, the new one stops. I forced it a bit, but it's clearly not going to go all the way through and I don't want to cross-thread anything.

So I'm trying to located a set of the shorter versions...but again, appreciate the assist

Did my tailgate hinges. Heated up. Tightened a bit broke em. All but 1 gave me issues. That was my fault got cocky. This was remedy. F*** that mess. :)

56BAAA90-672C-46CB-BBC2-AADB92B4D0F2.jpeg

C4240C64-F108-4EF5-9FE6-F1FA04DF1CF9.jpeg

FB644D0D-B5AF-435E-A3DA-6C8CA5BD6995.jpeg

Reactions: pagrey
Thanks for the quick assist. These actually look to be the same length as the ones I just purchased and am now returning. See below - the left - much stubbier - screw is the original; the right screw is the new one that I'm returning (and looks similar to the Jeep Hardware product)
View attachment 309717

about 2/3 of the way in, the new one stops. I forced it a bit, but it's clearly not going to go all the way through and I don't want to cross-thread anything.

So I'm trying to located a set of the shorter versions...but again, appreciate the assist
Surely a bolt and screw place would have em. We got a couple of those shops local that’s got everything.

View attachment 309717

Several options on their website, I had to order windshield bolts for mine. The previous owner had a light bar with some pretty hideous hardware attaching it.

I have this issue on passenger door right now. Broke a bit drilling it out. Will revisit over weekend.

If it makes anyone feel better, I’ve had to drill out more bolts on my 2012 Accord (in great condition) than my 04 LJ (in similar condition as Accord)

bought a set of 1997 half doors for my TJ .

Screws on the the upper hinges: super easy. Lower hinges (4 out of 6) not coming loose. I was probably not aggressive enough on the heat side.
Solution: 11mm drill, once the heads came of, the bolts came out with literally no effort, even managed to turn one by hand from the inside of the door.

To me, it seems that the material mix between screw and hinge causes the issue in the countersink, I had a similar experience on the tail gate hinges.

CB49AFA4-D7AB-452A-9D7F-7CB3268C6629.jpeg