RogerTheWrangler

Hey everyone! It’s that time of year for doors off. I’ve never taken my doors off and I think the previous owner of the Jeep didn’t either for the whole ownership. I have a 2013 jk. I have 2 issues: first I can unplug the driver/passenger electrical because it is different from the rear electrical for power windows. I tried pushing down on the indicated tab and jiggling it but it won’t budge. Second issue, for the rear doors that I actually can unplug, the doors are stuck from rust or corrosion in the hinges pins. I got PB blaster and am trying it out today. (However I can only take off my back two doors because I can’t figure out the electrical issue just mentioned. )
Here’s the plug difference. The red tab one is the rear which comes off eqsily, the grey one is for the front doors And I can’t unfasten it.

86061C8D-ED05-4DAD-8C41-CDE1A6A73AFE.png

D1C67544-24CF-4DB8-9F80-8474B1CD6CCD.png

Last edited:
Might be better off asking in the JK forum. TJs don't have all that electrical stuff unless it's some aftermarket wizardry.

However, you need to push that red tab over to un-lock it. Then, you can pull it apart by pressing on the push tab.

Reactions: TJJeep4Sale
TJ guys; what's the best SSSYE to go along with my TT, lift, and 35's for maximum ground clearance wheeling?

JK guys; how do I take my doors off so people can see my new cell phone mount while cruising through the mall parking lot?

😝

(Just teasing because jealous of creature comforts😉)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Doug-AK and Ocho