Door seal help

Jacket4256

TJ Enthusiast
I just got a new to me bestop trex top this winter, and driving around I have noticed more wind noise. Then messing in the garage the other day I realized my door don’t seal that great.

How do I fix this issue or am I just kinda screwed and need new doors ????

If you look right at the mirror almost like it bows out ?

B3CFD14C-3798-4214-9A8C-233DB83DEEC3.jpeg

Its seems like the doors are a weak point for leaks. I just got a new bestop slant back version that I am in the process of adjusting myself.

If that door getting pushed out is new...thats definitely not normal. I'd try to trouble shoot each of the components in that area. What part do you feel like is pushing out the door in that location? The soft top? Did you verify the plastic door surround that came with the top is well seated and symmetric?

Seperately, regarding alignment and the leak I had...... The advice I've been given is to take off/markedly loosen the door bolts and swing the door shut then retighten.

I was advised to put...if recall correctly...5/8 nylon rope in the seals... they're open on the bottom of the soft top uppers for my half doors.

I didn't have any 5/8 on hand but I did have some 1/4 poly...and that most certainly helped.

Seems like at +70 mph the wind just grabs that front upper corner and pulls it out...makes me suspect the plastic sleeve inserts the round mounts slide into...I think I might try and find a replacement...but the top is coming off soon...

-Mac

I’m not convinced that this new, the new top is different so wasn’t sure if that’s part of the problems. The door shut very easily they just seem to have a wiggle at the top and not sure if this is normal for Jeep full doors.

It’s a bestop nx twill

I do think a large part of my issue could be the seals them self they are old probably original to the Jeep and dry and cracked looking.

. The door shut very easily they just seem to have a wiggle at the top and not sure if this is normal for Jeep full doors.

It looks to me like there's an issue with the hinge.
Has it been replaced?
What do you mean by 'wiggle at the top'?
Get the door to shut properly before chasing leaks / noise.

It looks to me like there's an issue with the hinge.
Has it been replaced?
What do you mean by 'wiggle at the top'?
Get the door to shut properly before chasing leaks / noise.

The hinges have been replaced

When you shut the door it’s almost like the entire window frame shakes a bit, I always attributed to being a Jeep but now wondering if I have a larger issue.

I was looking at the hinge not sure how I would adjust the top 1/2 of the door inward toward the body without massaging it

When you shut the door it’s almost like the entire window frame shakes a bit,

It shouldn't shake when you shut it. The seal should press against the surround.
This is the very reason I run the upper part of the surround when I run doors and no top.
Any cracks at the base of the window frame?

It shouldn't shake when you shut it. The seal should press against the surround.
This is the very reason I run the upper part of the surround when I run doors and no top.
Any cracks at the base of the window frame?

Not that are visible to the naked eye