Door storage

Kenneth G Zinis

TJ Enthusiast
Guys,

How do you store full doors in garage? Hang on window frame, not sure this is good idea, create hinge pin wall-mounts, etc?

Pics would be great.

Thanks,

Ken

I built a little rolling cart using a furniture dolly from harbor freight. Sorry no pics at the moment.

I like the idea of the wall mount. If you Google it you'll see some companies actually make those mounts for the wall that use the hinge pin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
This is my setup it came with the jeep when I bought it great for moving the doors and storing them. I use the ratchet strap to hold them in place so they don't fall off.

I made a door dolly out of plywood and 2x4's & 6's. I use nylon straps to hold the doors against the dolly and cover everything with a moving blanket. I use it for my full and half doors and it's nice to be able to wheel it up to my Jeep when changing from one set to the other.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:
I now use this from Bestop, but before I had used something like these. I just attached two of them for each door to the studs and use I bolts with a bungee cord to hold them in place

hoss_57_hoss1_open3_20110329_zps9bce9602.PNG

steel-tornado-pegboards-accessories-48044-64_1000.jpg

Originally, I bought two of these guys and hung the doors by the top of the window frame. A fellow forum member noted that he tried doing the same thing and found that the window frames began to warp.

I bought two more double-arm hooks. My plan now is to mount them closer to the floor and sit the doors on those. I'll remount the original hooks to sit at the window frame but not hold any weight. Instead, they'll keep the doors from falling over.

I'll get photos up just as soon as my toddler gives me enough time to myself to actually set my plan in motion. :D