Doorless side view mirrors

Dan_man

Supporting Member
So I just took my doors off for the first time and after driving once I know i need sideview mirrors. I got some super cheap ones for know off amazon but what does everyone do for a good set of mirrors? I got these. The reviews are not the best but they kept me legal.

B2E7D6FD-3CC1-4882-9747-C1C655597C57.png

Notice the 3 Phillips screws on the back. These snug the mirror to the ball , just like CJ 7 mirrors did.

These are why many mirrors get poor reviews. Snug them firmly , but don't crank down on them.

Mirrors like that run 20-40 bucks online , and seem to work great. I have a very similar set.

Reactions: Dan_man
I have similar ones to those ones on my Jeep right now. Only complaints is that you can see shaking in the mirrors while driving. But in terms of them folding in or anything I haven't had any issues with them. As said above, just tighten the three screws on the back and use a socket and a box wrench to tighten them on good and you'll be solid.

I picked these up off amazon and had them arrive lastnight, tossed them on and didnt have any shaking at all, no noise or whistle and they dont really look funny either. all in all i am very satisfied with them so far and they dont take up much space either and i can toss them in my center console when not in use. would recommend picking up plastic/nylon washers for underside of hinge bracket so the nut doesnt take off the paint though. cant say much on how they hold up over time though as i just got them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WDKV94/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: BalJeep
Mine would fold in at the door hinge (yes, I used the supplied lock washers), not where the mirror connects to the stalk. If I cranked them down hard enough to not fold in they couldn't be adjusted. One bump from a shoulder in a parking lot or tree limb and they would begin to loosen.

For a super cheap option...I found these when someone else linked them on this forum. They're very small but very adjustable and get the job done just fine. No vibration although you do need tighten them down with something besides your hands if you're planning to drive on the highway. Added a couple nylon washers, also at the suggestion of the guy who linked them, and I'm very happy with how they've worked out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012IEI1H4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I am looking for a good option for door off mirrors. I'll likely go with some simple hinge mounted ones as above.

However, does anyone know of any mirrors that might mount to the windshield (light) brackets I already have (shown in pic)?

20190813_104415.jpg

This is how I did mine but I had to do some fabbing to get them to work. They do vibrate but I think it’s where the arm flattens out so I’m going to try to build a brace there.
762504ED-5488-4712-961C-FB2E570B1C94.jpeg
74EC6D18-36A4-4AA4-ACF3-9FB738955A5F.jpeg

Reactions: Jason06 and JW-RGV