Doors off and dome light

Earl B

TJ Enthusiast
I just removed my full doors for the first time. Do I need to do something for the light switches? Amazon sells some clips that you put on them. Will it drain my battery if I don't?

I made these clips out of stainless that cover door switches when I have doors off. It allows me still use the light switch on stalk to control interior lights.

IMG_6309[1].JPG

IMG_6310[1].JPG

Reactions: Plumber1 and RHanna
If you go with clips, make sure that you remove them before reinstalling doors and closing them...

I wired a rocker switch in my old TJ to kill the lights when doors were off, it was convenient.

I did the rocker switch. A micro rocker mounted in the flange under the edge of the glove box door.

I pulled the fuse and just use the MFS to turn the dome light on as needed. No external switch needed.

Just a piece of 1/2'' aluminum flat bar,a little hammer work,drill one hole, use stock screw, Wala. And you can just slide it to the left,or right, a smidge and light is active again.

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

I did a rocker up under the passenger footwell, but plan to do the Cadillac switch mod. I have all the parts just haven't gotten round to it....
And before anyone has any smart ideas...

Here is my round Tuit..
Now I have to get it done.
RoundTuit.png