DrDmoney’s 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport

I was wondering where the extra real estate was coming from for that tank. Now I know. That old tank/skid is beat to shit brah!

Reactions: DrDmoney
Nice. I have a Yamaha Grizzly 450. My wife had the Yamaha Kodiak 400. When I bought the Rzr, she sold her Yamaha because she liked the Rzr so much. I kept my Yamaha.:)
My wife also has an AC 650 H1, she’s really not interested in riding shotgun in a RZR, plus we each haul a dog this way.

My wife also has an AC 650 H1, she’s really not interested in riding shotgun in a RZR, plus we each haul a dog this way.
I think my wife was tired of eating my dust. It works out pretty good with the Rzr when hunting. She drops me off at the top of the mountain and picks me up at the bottom. She loves driving it.

Reactions: Alex01 and DrDmoney
So, are you going to try for some added wheel base now that you have some room to scooch the axle back?

It isn’t the plan, I had already previously pushed it back to minimum TB clearance on the old skid it it does give me the option but I don’t need it.

Reactions: bobthetj03
In a 2003 and newer it does require a 1” body lift but for my model year the only negative change is the tailpipe no longer fits between the shock and the tank, this is because the tank runs all the way to the frame rails. The tailpipe on mine has been an issue for a while anyway since changing to the Fox 2.0’s and the larger diameter Banks Monster Exhaust. The solution will come in the form of out-boarding, eventually.

I am curious to learn what it is about the 2003+ Jeeps that requires a body lift for these genright tanks. I have never clearly understood why. @jjvw do you know, by any chance?

I am curious to learn what it is about the 2003+ Jeeps that requires a body lift for these genright tanks. I have never clearly understood why. @jjvw do you know, by any chance?

Shooting from the hip here, but the 03+ fuel tank skids fully encase the fuel tank, so my guess is they had to raise the mounts on the frame so the 03+ skids didn't hang any lower than the 97-02's?

Not sure. Maybe more emissions clutter on top of the tank on the later years? Even with my Savvy GTS in the raised position, there a a decent amount of room before it would hit the tub. The interference is the shock mount/crossmember hitting the front of the tank.

Shooting from the hip here, but the 03+ fuel tank skids fully encase the fuel tank, so my guess is they had to raise the mounts on the frame so the 03+ skids didn't hang any lower than the 97-02's?
The back cross member mount is the same though I would imagine

Reactions: bobthetj03
I went with Savvy for my setup so my curiosity is purely academic .. the emissions stuff in later years is certainly different but not sure if that really is the reason. Someday I will call genright and get the real answer from them.

9.6 gallons to top it off
I went with Savvy for my setup so my curiosity is purely academic .. the emissions stuff in later years is certainly different but not sure if that really is the reason. Someday I will call genright and get the real answer from them.
the Savvy skid would have been my first choice if just looking to replace the skid.

Reactions: Alex01
Installed a hand throttle yesterday, no need to go into detail it’s been covered many times on this forum.
6CFC2624-83B7-40D1-B2FD-D77D4DF5962B.jpeg