DrDmoney’s 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport

my old RE arms are about the same weight, maybe lighter even. the problem is my 4.5" Re's aren't as strong and more susceptible to bending. one has been hammered a number of times (passenger side) plus the new arms are double adjustable which allows you to make adjustments in place (pinion angle, four wheel alignment, and such) as for skid plates my skid plate is 3/8" thick and lighter than the factory one it replaced. steel bends easier than aluminum for the same weight. I had my RE 4.5" lift since February of 2000 and it was beat up, I've rebuilt the flex joints 5 or 6 times and replaced the clevite bushings twice. the ends on these are where the weight is, just like the Johnny Joints. If you dont already have the "RE clunk" you will eventually.
So that's what I'm hearing (RE clunk). I keep trying to figure out what it is, coming from the rear area. But I did replace my RE control arms about 5,000 to 8,000 miles ago with Metalcloak CA, so maybe that's not it.

Reactions: DrDmoney
So that's what I'm hearing (RE clunk). I keep trying to figure out what it is, coming from the rear area. But I did replace my RE control arms about 5,000 to 8,000 miles ago with Metalcloak CA, so maybe that's not it.
When mine were new they did it also couple others I knew had the same noise. I was going to replace all eight control arms at once but I’m kind of glad I’m doing it two at a time because replacing the rear uppers got rid of 90% of my suspension noise and now it seems to be a little bit of noise up front while accelerating or letting off the gas

Reactions: Alex01
Well if it's not jeep related who cares, UNLESS the wife / gf came through on the promises they always make 😱😂

Well if it's not jeep related who cares, UNLESS the wife / gf came through on the promises they always make 😱😂

😂😂😂
My wife and I had a thing where if I caught a fly with my hand in front of her
( country living ) adult activities were promised. Well it happened (both the catching of fly and said activities) so I started to swat the flies with the swatter and they would magically appear in my hand later. After fly # 3 she was like “this is bullshit” lol. That was the end of that

😂😂😂
My wife and I had a thing where if I caught a fly with my hand in front of her
( country living ) adult activities were promised. Well it happened (both the catching of fly and said activities) so I started to swat the flies with the swatter and they would magically appear in my hand later. After fly # 3 she was like “this is bullshit” lol. That was the end of that
[/QUOTEp
Ha ha yeah my wife’s blonde too

Reactions: Thunderhead
Bingo Aerial trail shots
Someone makes a drone that will follow you, I saw one guy that had a wrist band that was connected to the drone. He could go over tough parts of the trail while the drone filmed it once he was done he would call the drone to return. This was very cool

I’ve got nothing else to do 4 days a week!!!

F3F22C1E-B192-4FBE-B910-8E3BC328CB17.jpeg

My brother- in-law had one. Pretty cool the things it would do....follow me mod. Goes out to far and loose the signal, it would just retun. Won't work at all around airports, something they programed into them.
The crane operator at work let me fly his the other day and I was hooked.

The new MC Control Arms had made such an improvement on ride quality that I decided to go “full retard” as @bobthetj03 would say. Stopped by the Cloakworks on the way home yesterday and picked up front and rear 4-1/2” coils.
7376DBAA-BE60-48DE-946D-D01B16B6BC88.jpeg

These dual rate springs are 24” free length front and 20” free length rear. It was a booger getting the old RE’s out. I don’t have a spring compressor so I knew it would be a fight to install the new MC’s and I wasn’t disappointed.

D3539785-AFA7-4B15-88B4-B4FDB27897B1.jpeg

I had removed my bump stops a few weeks ago to cycle my suspension. The old stops were 1-1/4” tall pucks but I only had 1/8” gap on the perch with the snubbers on the shock barely touching.

89F66BE8-C8BD-4507-809C-254D323E19D4.jpeg

I have some 1/2” Nylatron shims that I could make my own stops out of and also have some 1/8” and 1/16” for fine tuning it if needed.

BA216BC3-ABC9-4431-9A43-D03C04232795.jpeg
28ED0797-F10D-49E4-83A6-128184945AB5.jpeg
A8B2DF3D-9F51-44D1-97A9-00D256A9378F.jpeg
24C7652E-C39A-42DD-9776-8655B10EA10D.jpeg

I was able to get the new springs in with only having to disconnect the swaybar and shocks. I used a ratchet strap over the coil bucket and frame and a sleaver bar for persuasion. It took a bit to get just the front done by myself but I’m in no hurry.

59B9C5D9-3FD9-42AA-9936-8A623C810991.jpeg

Last edited: