Drive train Upgrades

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
I think I am going with the Super 35 kit from Revolution and 4.56 gears also Revolution. I need an SYE and CV driveshaft first and will go with an Advanced Adapters combo. Eventually I would like ARB air lockers.
I'm hoping with the wheeling I mostly encounter(beaches and occasional mud) these will be sufficient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think I am going with the Super 35 kit from Revolution and 4.56 gears also Revolution. I need an SYE and CV driveshaft first and will go with an Advanced Adapters combo. Eventually I would like ARB air lockers.
I'm hoping with the wheeling I mostly encounter(beaches and occasional mud) these will be sufficient.

That should be more than sufficient and then some. I HIGHLY recommend Revolution gears and axles, they are the best of the best. I run them and love them!

Talk to @Garza or @AOR for a deal on them!

What size tire are you considering upgrading to and what spline count are you going to get on the axles?
I have 33's and am going to 30 spline on the axles. I bought my jeep 3 months ago already 4" suspension lift and 33 inch tires but it still has stock gears and axles

I have 33's and am going to 30 spline on the axles. I bought my jeep 3 months ago already 4" suspension lift and 33 inch tires but it still has stock gears and axles

You'll be just fine on 33" tires with that setup!

If you go to 30 spline axles, just know that you also have to replace the carrier, so if you can swing it, getting the locker in there now would be less headache down the road. But I know that's not always possible. The super 35 kit I have had my eye on is about $1,300 with ARB locker (notice the "have had my eye on" part).

New gears will serve you well. I no longer have it memorized as to which ratios work best, with different tire sizes and transmissions, but there's plenty of info out there. So if you haven't, just take a look.

Also, personal opinion, I'd take a look at the JB conversions super short SYE. Gives you a bit more driveshaft length and lowers the angle of the shaft a bit requiring less rotation of the rear axle.

Thanks a bunch guys for the info. I was thinking on a super short SYE but wasn't liking the idea of more electronics with the speedo. I thought about the locker situation also about having them installed when doing the regear and your absolutely right on having it done at the same time. I'm a little paranoid(cautious)about my driveline and the angle it is at now. I don't have any massive vibrations or anything and I'm familiar with u-joint failure from a long time ago. I guess I can go ahead and do the SYE/Driveline first,like now and budget for the other goodies in a couple of months. At least my driveline angle won't be so severe. I like to do things only once if possible but I tend to get in a bit of a hurry when there is no need. Once my first order is placed I will do a build thread on my Jeep to stay on track and hopefully give someone else some good advice down the road.

Looking forward to it. Let me know how the super 35 works out for ya. I really, really wanting one…along with some Savvy sliders, an anti-rock, and a tummy tuck. Currently my top four mods on the list.

Here ya go:

Super35 w/arb
http://www.xf_vendor_spam_managemen...e-Shafts/revolution-gear-and-axle-RAK35LK-ARB

Dana 30 4.56s, Dana 30 Master Install kit, Dana 35 4.56s, Dana 35 master install kit, new front carrier here or 30 spline ARB here (now 15% off through Cyber Monday). If you go to 30 spline front, you will need new shafts. See them here.

Revolution is the best and manufactured here in the US. Their warranty is fantastic (covers front u-joints too).

Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Allen

Your killing me! Thanks for the links but won't be getting these for a couple of months. Rest assured I will be in contact with you when it's time. Happy Holidays

Reactions: Chris