Driveline issues after 1” motor mount lift

I was referring to the old motor mounts. With the Daystar ploy body mount lift you don’t reuse anything, comes with all new hardware for the body lift including bolts
Got it, I thought you were talking about the body lift. You’re talking about the motor mount lift.

I loosened and then re-torqued the body mount bolts today. Did nothing for it. Guess I'll buy some new motor mounts and removed the 1" motor mount lift and see what happens. Just doesn't makes sense to me. Jeep was fine before body lift and motor lift.

I loosened and then re-torqued the body mount bolts today. Did nothing for it. Guess I'll buy some new motor mounts and removed the 1" motor mount lift and see what happens. Just doesn't makes sense to me. Jeep was fine before body lift and motor lift.
A body lift does not change any drivetrain geometry, it will not contribute to vibrations. But a taller motor mount certainly can since it affects the drivetrain angle.

The engine/transmission/transfer case is a long rigid assembly bolted together that is supported only at three points.... its two motor mounts up front and the transmission mount in the rear. Think of a 3-legged stool where you make two of the three legs taller. That's right, it tilts the seat into an angle.

A body lift does not change any drivetrain geometry, it will not contribute to vibrations. But a taller motor mount certainly can since it affects the drivetrain angle.

The engine/transmission/transfer case is a long rigid assembly bolted together that is supported only at three points.... its two motor mounts up front and the transmission mount in the rear. Think of a 3-legged stool where you make two of the three legs taller. That's right, it tilts the seat into an angle.
I guess that all makes sense. But I sounds like a squeaky rocking chair while driving it. Was hoping that was the body mount bolts (Nope!)

I guess that all makes sense. But I sounds like a squeaky rocking chair while driving it. Was hoping that was the body mount bolts (Nope!)
Polyurethane mounts commonly squeak, it's best to remain with rubber. There are even special lubricants for polyurethane to help minimize the squeaking but they don't last long.

Reactions: JMT
Polyurethane mounts commonly squeak, it's best to remain with rubber. There are even special lubricants for polyurethane to help minimize the squeaking but they don't last long.
I don't know man, I really don't think it's the body mounts squeaking? Has to be driveline related. It's a weird sound. As soon as I get the new regular mounts put in I guess we'll see.

It's not the body mount bolts causing squeaking, it's the polyurethane body lift pucks. Another problem is they can squish under torque, so the body is usually no longer perfectly level. Always go with an aluminum body lift pucks that re-use the rubber body mount bushings. Body lifts are cheap, so there is no use cheaping out to save $60.

It's not the body mount bolts causing squeaking, it's the polyurethane body lift pucks. Another problem is they can squish under torque, so the body is usually no longer perfectly level. Always go with an aluminum body lift pucks that re-use the rubber body mount bushings. Body lifts are cheap, so there is no use cheaping out to save $60.

Well me and my son just stood on the step steps and rocked the Jeep side to side. Yep still squeaks! Guess I remove the dam ploy mounts!

Well me and my son just stood on the step steps and rocked the Jeep side to side. Yep still squeaks! Guess I remove the dam ploy mounts!
It sucks, bc people used to commonly suggest the Daystar poly body lift. Then more people started to come on the forum and more issues started showing up. Currie has an Al 1”, Savvy has an Al 1.25”, and MORE sells an Al 1” body lift. Buy once, cry once.

Reactions: BlueChip
IIRC, the Daystar kit is not just poly pucks. It comes with new longer sleeves (and everything else) which keep the mounts from squishing anymore than the original rubber pucks do. I believe over torqueing would snap the bolt, not distort the mount.

Take them apart (one at a time) and smear some anti-seize on everything. I pretty sure I did that on my LJ and my CJ; neither one ever squeaked.

I did that yesterday to the 4 rear ones since that's seems to be where the sound is coming from. Did'nt change anything. Hell maybe my exhaust to squeaking or it somethink else? I reall need to get it up on a lift and check it out better.

well crap. This thread showed up at the bottom of my thread about having an MML with stock suspension height.

Last night I installed the rear axle from my LJ under my TJ with stock TJ springs. Not drivable it yet but I was really hoping not to have to do ANY of the following:

1. remove the MML
2. leave the 3" lift on it with tiny tires and a transfer case drop (because the MML didn't fix the vibes on it's own)
3. sell it with 3" lift-appropriate tires on 3.73 gears

Update 12/11, As of today I believe I have fixed my problems. Just to recap: I installed a 1" daystar body mount light and a 1" MORE motor mount lift and was having some weird (1) noise from what seemed to be the body of my Jeep and (2) also have some vibration in the steerng wheel while idling?

After driving it for a while the check engine light came on.Had the code ran and guy said Cam sensor, crane sensor, or OPDA? So I odered the Crown OPDA and replaced it and both sensors. No change! Engine light on and Jeep was bucking some while driving it. Took it to the dealer and they said the computer needs reflashed to go with the new OPDA. Ok, had them do that. WOW! Jeep is running great now with no vibrations in the motor. But the Jeep is stilll making squeaking noises? Well that turned out to be my Side steps rubbing the frame after the body lift! Took them off, notched out park of the frame, remounted them and NO MORE NOISES!!

So as it turns out I had to problem two unrelated issues. Hard to believe they both happened at the same time. But they did! Hopefully the problem is fixed now!

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

my daystars never gave me any issue other than my mirrors danced a little more at idle.