Driver side defroster duct

Goatman

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
While screwing around installing new speakers and amps somehow my big fat hands pulled the plastic duct off the defroster hose that goes to blow air on the door glass. Not the lower part that can be moved, the little 3/4" tall top part. And while trying to put it back on I pulled out the part that snaps into the vent also. So now I have the flex tube part AND the part that goes between it and the vent. Unable to get my hand up there to put it all back. It looks like I now have to pull the gauges out to gain access. Before I make even more problems is this the correct plan of attack? Or a bigger can of worms? Any thing I need to look out for when pulling the gauges off? Do I need to pull the whole dash to fix this air vent?

I dont remember off the top of my head if pulling the cluster out will give you direct access, but it's very easy so I'd say it's definitely worth a shot

I haven't done it before so I can't be of much help. But I'm sure that in order to get to it, you'll have to remove the gauge cluster.

K. Thanks guys. No surprises pulling the gauges, right? Simple wiring harness. No speedo cable popping off or anything?