Drivers seat torn

Pavlos25

Hi Jeepers,

The drivers seat of my 1998 TJ is torn and I don't want to place covers as I always wanted to keep the original seats. Any idea if I can find material or any clever ideas on what to do?

IMG_7303.jpeg
IMG_7343.jpeg

Thanks,
Pavlos

I’m in same boat.. i have a 97 Sahara with same seats and mine is getting torn.. I picked up the seats out of another Sahara .. No rips, no tears and now I have extra material if something else happens to seats.

I’m not sure how prevalent Wranglers are over there, but a spare set of seats is a good idea. If only for the factory material/color. Also, a reputable automotive trim shop should be able to repair it easily.

I’m in same boat.. i have a 97 Sahara with same seats and mine is getting torn.. I picked up the seats out of another Sahara .. No rips, no tears and now I have extra material if something else happens to seats.
That would be the best solution but in Cyprus it is impossible to find from another Jeep.
I’m not sure how prevalent Wranglers are over there, but a spare set of seats is a good idea. If only for the factory material/color. Also, a reputable automotive trim shop should be able to repair it easily.
Thanks.

Those are Sahara seats as previously mentioned although your sticker says Sport so swapped maybe? Anywho, those green/tan seats came in two flavors; '97-'98 and '99-'02. The colors are very similar but not the same. You can tell when you try to mix seats from different years. Finding spare green fabric for my '98 was very very hard and I was told I got the last of it in the states.

Those are Sahara seats as previously mentioned although your sticker says Sport so swapped maybe? Anywho, those green/tan seats came in two flavors; '97-'98 and '99-'02. The colors are very similar but not the same. You can tell when you try to mix seats from different years. Finding spare green fabric for my '98 was very very hard and I was told I got the last of it in the states.
Thanks for your comments. Very interesting. So i now need to know if it’s a Sahara or Sport as I only bought it a few months ago.