Driveshaft angle after 4 inch lift install

JEEP GC

Completed the Rough Country 4" lift and need opinion on rear shaft angle. Is it supposed to be like this?

20220102_105914.jpg

I was told it was only needed for auto
By who?

You might be able to get away with a motor mount lift and a BIG transfer case drop... But it's probably gonna be like 2"+. And then you'll need a cable shifter for your transfer case and will probably need to do something to keep your transmission shifter from hitting the tub.

^^^
you bought 4". don't pay more $ to go backwards. super short SYE and new double cardan driveshaft measured after the SYE is installed.

the other bad news is now you need at least 2 adjustable control arms to roll the pinion also.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and hear
Here you go, the answer to all your questions regarding this issue.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have the same lift from previous owner. I had drive line vibrations. Pinion seal leaked and scored my yoke due to pinion angle. I am going down to a 2 inch lift. You definitely need a SYE and new drive shaft. Get rid of the dropped pitman if it came with the kit.
Good luck.

Reactions: JMT