Drizit

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
Let's clear the air a bit. Apparently I unintentionally hurt your feeling about some ball joint shit and that needs to be clarified a tad. I fully realize this won't change your opinion of anything but iffen you're gonna hate someone, at least come by that honestly. I went back and dug up the thread to try and figure out where it went sideways because I have no recollection of any animosity towards you.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/what-do-i-need-to-know-about-ball-joints.9639/#post-150332

I said I had just finished a rebuild of a set of the Dynatracs and then you asked this-

So far I've been happy with my jk dynatrac ones but what would you recommend?

To which I replied with the thing that caused your butt to hurt.

Not running 37's on JK stock axles would be a good start.

A few points concerning my reply-
1- I did not then at that point in time know what axle you were running or what size your tires are. I still don't really because I just don't pay attention to that crap unless it is germane to the discussion and I didn't see it that way at that point in time.
2- I had just rebuilt Dynatracs on a rig that we built JK axles for on 37's as a continual experiment to see what all the bullshit was about. I was disgusted with how poor the design was and it's lack of longevity. Sure, they are able to be rebuilt but the parts have to be acquired, the knuckles still have to be messed with and it isn't a low time effort.
3- This is at least the 4th set of ball joints we've put in the rig so I'm a bit cranky about how poorly they perform (ball joints in general) on 37's. As part of the experiment, I don't charge the owner much to do the work but I still spend many hours trying to keep that POS front axle going.

Do with it what you will, but that's how we got here and I was not trying to make your butt hurt because my answer had nothing to do with you.

Reactions: Mike_H