Drumming virtuoso and Rush member Neil Peart has died

This was a big surprise for me at first, but then I remembered how introverted and private he was. I'm sure he didn't let the world know about his cancer on purpose.

I've been a fan since 1980 and they were my first concert (Moving Pictures). Their music went a different direction after that, and I did too, but still listen to everything else. I had held out hope for a reunion someday until today.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
OMG, simply the BEST, hands down, bar none PERIOD !

Rest in peace professor ............... all the worlds a stage we are merely players.

“If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.”
― Neil Peart

1578697282452.png

1578701060151.png

Last edited:
I plugged the headphones in to the receiver, laid back on the couch, and let YYZ flow through the bloodstream. Feelin' better now. :)

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
This is sad news. I agree with RMETeeJay about the direction they took and when. Unfortunately my parents weren't letting a kid in their early teens go to any concert and then I avoided Rush on tour until Snakes and Arrows. It seemed to be worth it even though I didn't know about half the songs. Then I got to see The Time Machine, live in Cleveland Ohio. One of the best shows I ever saw. From what I've heard Cleveland is where the DVD was shot. Unfortunately, I was so far up I doubt I could be seen.

Now I'm going to hit Post Reply and look for Caress of Steel so I can start out with Bastille Day and go on from there.