Dual KC Light Dome Light

joe98tj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So awhile back I picked up a custom dash radio panel from a company called custom3dfab on ebay that was really great quality so when I saw something like this online with nowhere to buy I reached out to custom3dFab to see if they could make one up to purchase and they came through big time with a rugged dual kc cyclone roll bar mount. They make them for 1.5", 1.75", and 2" roll bars. It works perfect in my application as a dome light and has many other uses. Check out there website for this and more jeep/ford parts and panels
www.custom3dfab.com
https://www.custom3dfab.com/products/dual-kc-cyclone-1-75-rollbar-light-mount

Here's a video I did on there product:

Some pictures:

20210207_090219.jpg

20210205_165226.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Wow, seems someone may have ripped off another brand out there. Seems to happen more with the cheap 3D printed plastic.

Here’s the same product but in aluminum designed and made by a friend.
9322838D-F010-4D92-8684-2F17052FD83C.jpeg
0254BE2B-8C3A-4D73-AAAD-47819824369C.jpeg

Asked you about it awhile back. Never heard any info on it and could not find one available online so I reached out to this company to make one.

Reactions: lulzpwndyah
As for cheap 3D printed this a very rigid product, much more sturdy than a light mount needs to be since your only other option is a dinky strap mount from KC. 3D printers have come along way and make some strong products these days. But if you want an aluminum one it looks like the company that you did not mention awhile back, cutless, has now come out with their original design aluminum product.

So it looks like it took me posting this to finally found out who makes the original but this is a design by Cutless Designs who makes an aluminum anodized one. Seems like a great company with a strong following so you know its great work. Here is their information:

https://cutlessdesigns.com/store

Not sure where, as I cant find it.

Theft isn't good for our hobby or our Jee community.
No, theft is not good, but it was only made since I could not find the original product for sale after extensively searching for it online. I have spoke with the owner of cutless designs and he is going to work on the google issue so that his product is more easily found.

For anyone who wants this light bracket for their roll cage, Cutless Design is the originally designer and fabricator of this part. He designed it 100% and put a lot of hours into his design.

Cutless’s design is made of 6061 aluminum, accwpt the KC Cyclone LeD’s for a really clean loo and is anodized in gloss black.

Cutless designs the bracket to fit 2”, 1.75”, and 1.50” rollbars/tubes.

https://cutlessdesigns.com/store
11CD5A44-3515-40D7-B551-92C970C76AC3.jpeg
91CE0677-6DD5-4FF7-B96E-5BB03508D6F1.jpeg
2C8C2590-8E22-468A-ADBE-984FFCDA1AF2.jpeg
92D5CDA0-DA0C-45EA-9000-7F90275335BD.jpeg
70183D3B-4625-4DFA-9DEA-F66F33B6ECC5.jpeg
CDE264E9-2FF9-4255-ABE8-2C2B61E8D6EC.jpeg
BC925BF7-A878-4523-AEA7-A2118EBFB00F.jpeg

Could have asked me in a private chat like som others did or in my build thread like some others did as well.
I did ask in the build thread. Was told in another thread that info was not out on it yet even though I am now aware this product was released in September. This issue has been discussed with the owner of Cutless now that myself and the owner of Custom3Dfab now knows the product is available for sale online.

Does the design have any sort of registration or protection? No idea of the laws in the US, but if not I would have thought there is a risk that it could be copied by any number of people online.

there is a risk that it could be copied by any number of people online.
Arguably true, that doesn't make it right by any stretch of the means. Nor would I advocate for it or anyone who does it.

It takes a special kind of person to deliberately make copy of a product (when known) that someone put a lot of hours and effort into.

In defense of the guy from custom3dfab, he only made it since neither of us could find it online with extensive google searching. In terms of legality, it does not seem like cutless has a patent on the product so it's not illegal to reproduce. Yes, morality comes into play but we did not know the part was already for sale or going to be for sale. We'll see if custom3dfab chooses to keep their product for sale

Reactions: Fouledplugs