Dual Top Option Questions

TJRick

TJ Enthusiast
If someone had ordered a Jeep TJ with the dual top option (both hard top AND soft top), how did it come?

I suppose it would have the hard top already on it, but would the soft top be on it as well - folded down? Or would it come in a separate box?

Would any of the soft top hardware already be installed on the Jeep?

It came vacuum packed and inside.
Never would be able to do that...
Incorrect.

The soft top roof was installed in the lowered position. Then the hard top was put on.

The door surrounds and windows were in cardboard boxes.

I had to remove the hard top to remove the soft top roof.

Reactions: Ken Perkins
Incorrect.

The soft top roof was installed in the lowered position. Then the hard top was put on.

The door surrounds and windows were in cardboard boxes.

I had to remove the hard top to remove the soft top roof.

That makes sense.

So all of the bows were already attached to the roll bar?

It would have looked like this but with a hardtop on.

7EC9D395-76EC-4B01-AE5D-CA7383192372.jpeg

I would think that if they left them in boxes inside the Jeep, they would get stolen or 'accidentally' end up in a different Jeep.

I would think that if they left them in boxes inside the Jeep, they would get stolen or 'accidentally' end up in a different Jeep.
I could see them "accidently" ending up in another jeep, but stolen would have had to been an employee doing the stealing.

I could see them "accidently" ending up in another jeep, but stolen would have had to been an employee doing the stealing.

Yeah, I picture some sort of dealership shenanigans. Someone making a deal and wanting a soft top and 'oops that top ended up in the wrong Jeep'. Then a guy buying the dual top Jeep and noticing dual tops on the sticker, demanding his soft top.

When I got my 2000 tj it came with the hardtop on and I had to go back to the dealer to get my soft top.

I have the VHS tape as well!
You can NOT get the soft top in or out of the Jeep without removing the hard top, so it would be difficult to steal.