Dudes, this JK thing...

Our Forum- “Hey guys ,I’m doing a regear and tummy tuck this weekend , who knows the bolt size for the skid plate....”

Jk Forum- “ is anyone else having a trouble getting those angry looking grills, mine has been on backorder since soccer season started🙁

Our Forum has so much testosterone, it has caused several young members to go through early puberty.

My balls drop a little more every time I read your posts…. Wait what?

Our Forum- “Hey guys ,I’m doing a regear and tummy tuck this weekend , who knows the bolt size for the skid plate....”

Jk Forum- “ is anyone else having a trouble getting those angry looking grills, mine has been on backorder since soccer season started🙁

Our Forum has so much testosterone, it has caused several young members to go through early puberty.

This is mostly funny bc it's perhaps the most accurate thus far, haha, only been on there a couple days though..

nobody has JK tie rods? i don't use JK parts and made my own from tube and offset TRE's.

have you tried facebook marketplace?

Loaded ?.
1st thing I did was order all new aftermarket OEM-like spec ie - Crown, Moog, OMIX suspension; a-arms, ball joints, hubs, u-joints, shocks, track bar, stabilizer, drag, tie rod, sway bar links and sway bar bushings. New isolators and a 3/4" puck for the front just to level it. Brand new Duratracs on factory rims at about 31.6 height. The drag link kept coming in wrong, in retrospect, should of just went Synergy or something but I just wanted this Jeep to drive like it was supposed to for a little while. Drove it home from Houston to Kansas City with tremendous death wobble. I had that "I just want to get f'n home" energy but that's all that got me home. I had never experienced death wobble, ever. Owned one YJ and on my 4th TJ, never so much as knew anything about how it felt. Oh boy did I find out in this JK on the way home, close to 10 times in all I believe. Geez, that mess is scary.

Anyways, the point of this auto trans Jeep buy is because I wanted my wife to find out if she liked to drive Jeeps as much as she likes to ride in them. This thing just had every joint, bearing, nut and bolt you could think of loose. I determined on that long ride home that this suspension set-up (Jeeps) or solid front axle if you will, were never meant to last but about 100,000 miles, then rebuild. All our Jeeps are still pretty much close to 1941 design. It clearly wasn't designed with stop n go commutes, 5 hour weekend trips to the coast, doing 85 mph everywhere until your lease is up. Then some joker who never owned a Jeep 'but always wanted one' (which is cool) gets it and keeps it a year only changing the oil and puts anywhere between 6,000 - 48,000 miles on it and trades it in. Then my dumbass decides to buy it and rebuild for everyone, haha. But no, on the test drive I got it up over 70 but we were on a super smooth new road. It wasn't until I jumped on the 610 loop and started hitting dips at like 75 did I find out what death wobble was and that i had it.

But yes, they make some nice thick aftermarket ones and in retrospect, I probably should of just went that route but I really kind of wanted to see what a stock-ish JK with good tires felt like first. I really like the brake feel and pep, auto trans was smooth too; but I'm kind of forgetting because it's been on blocks 2 weeks tomorrow, lol. Mainly because of parts issues. We'll get it there, I may just have to come over to the TJ for advice, haha, JKJK, intended.

Reactions: Zorba
At a red light -

We are “ Hey man what lift are you running”

They are “ IDK but the kids at 4WP”hooked me up', hang on i got a sweet picture of it parked next to some grass.
FIFY.

Loaded ?.
1st thing I did was order all new aftermarket OEM-like spec ie - Crown, Moog, OMIX suspension; a-arms, ball joints, hubs, u-joints, shocks, track bar, stabilizer, drag, tie rod, sway bar links and sway bar bushings. New isolators and a 3/4" puck for the front just to level it. Brand new Duratracs on factory rims at about 31.6 height. The drag link kept coming in wrong, in retrospect, should of just went Synergy or something but I just wanted this Jeep to drive like it was supposed to for a little while. Drove it home from Houston to Kansas City with tremendous death wobble. I had that "I just want to get f'n home" energy but that's all that got me home. I had never experienced death wobble, ever. Owned one YJ and on my 4th TJ, never so much as knew anything about how it felt. Oh boy did I find out in this JK on the way home, close to 10 times in all I believe. Geez, that mess is scary.

Anyways, the point of this auto trans Jeep buy is because I wanted my wife to find out if she liked to drive Jeeps as much as she likes to ride in them. This thing just had every joint, bearing, nut and bolt you could think of loose. I determined on that long ride home that this suspension set-up (Jeeps) or solid front axle if you will, were never meant to last but about 100,000 miles, then rebuild. All our Jeeps are still pretty much close to 1941 design. It clearly wasn't designed with stop n go commutes, 5 hour weekend trips to the coast, doing 85 mph everywhere until your lease is up. Then some joker who never owned a Jeep 'but always wanted one' (which is cool) gets it and keeps it a year only changing the oil and puts anywhere between 6,000 - 48,000 miles on it and trades it in. Then my dumbass decides to buy it and rebuild for everyone, haha. But no, on the test drive I got it up over 70 but we were on a super smooth new road. It wasn't until I jumped on the 610 loop and started hitting dips at like 75 did I find out what death wobble was and that i had it.

But yes, they make some nice thick aftermarket ones and in retrospect, I probably should of just went that route but I really kind of wanted to see what a stock-ish JK with good tires felt like first. I really like the brake feel and pep, auto trans was smooth too; but I'm kind of forgetting because it's been on blocks 2 weeks tomorrow, lol. Mainly because of parts issues. We'll get it there, I may just have to come over to the TJ for advice, haha, JKJK, intended.

oh, i thought i read that you just needed a TR b4 Mon.

yesterday my son invited me to a local pop up beer garden, really cool place, I followed him there

IMG_3860.JPG

we got there right at opening time, his is the Cherokee. When we left a while later I had attracted the two piles to the right, like flies to honey. I'm sure they have their good points, but the TJ blows them both away in what I deem to be important

IMG_3866.JPG

by the way, how often do you see two "J" jeeps in the same hemisphere without angry douche grills, has to be some kind of worm hole I found

Reactions: FJQue

I had to laugh at this, as we also have a JK.
Yes, that forum is quite different than this one, but to be fair, there's far less that needs to be upgraded/repaired on the JK, simply since it is so much newer.
In our case, we have an '03 TJ SE & a '15 JKU Rubicon.

When things start failing on the JK's owners will adjust.

Reactions: FJQue
Yeah, this one (148k miles) seemed like it was driven hard on the highway or towed behind an RV. Mainly think this bc it runs so good and interior all really nice but exterior, especially the painted fenders have chips everywhere that usually come from towing. Come to think of it, that makes sense that the rears are ate up worse than the front fenders..

I had to laugh at this, as we also have a JK.
Yes, that forum is quite different than this one, but to be fair, there's far less that needs to be upgraded/repaired on the JK, simply since it is so much newer.
In our case, we have an '03 TJ SE & a '15 JKU Rubicon.

When things start failing on the JK's owners will adjust.

I’m the worst for fun at the expense of others -

As a proper southerner you can never lift yourself up- you put others down, then say “bless their heart.” Like “@John Cooper is a duck toting pervert, bless his heart.” The word bless gets you a pass into heaven later is what we are counting on.

Truthfully, there are several dynamics going on-

With me, I like to poke fun of percieved or cultural differences- but more importantly I’m pointing at marketing strategy- in truth the success of the JK is totally because Jeep saw a new market - just like Harley Davidson did . And boy did that throw some people a curve. Amidst the heresy of change, we have to remember companies that don’t do that are often destined to fail. The landscape is littered with solid companies that failed or nearly did because they failed to adapt or adapted too slow - Schwinn, Buck knives nearly did , Wilson sporting goods, K-Mart, Sears, Big K, Hardees, JC Penny, and countless others.

To sell more of anything to the public you have to cater to the norm-and invariably the new is evil, soft and likely to lead you down a path of shame and disgrace, maybe you will end up doing things in the shadows you wouldn’t want your friends and family to know. The end is always heroin and homelessness.

The first jeep guys in big numbers were likely the CJ era guys- they smoked camels, hunted, fished, had a wife and 2 girlfriends and wore English Leather- they were men among men. There are remnants of that era still around. They would scoff at our fluffy coil spring, air conditioned, automatic transmission and reclining seat TJ world.

And here we are , with most of our posts geared around keeping them alive or fixing what someone did trying to “improve” them and staunchly defending the “last real jeep” as the 4 door crowds the highways and eclipses every civilian jeep sold to date combined in sales.

Also, to be really honest, there are many, many seriously built Jks and Jls, done by seriously capable owners.

The old eventually has to give way to the new, it is often just the ego, the pride and money invested in the old that has to be defended or people would then have to admit maybe something is better, maybe someone is smarter or just maybe they have more money or make better decisions. This is all said knowing there are strong arguments for views on all models. And I know for a fact many guys here can afford either- some of us have enough in Tjs to want to hide it from the government and some guys have both Tjs and the Jk/Jl/JT. My case is it would be fun to have one, but I have so much invested in what I have I really just don’t want to try to convince my wife to go along with it as she stands there and says “ok, sell those others then meathead”.

The sheer numbers of Jks sold make some weaknesses a little more evident, the power to weight ratio is less than stellar like the TJ, the track bar/coil spring suspension is sensitive to change just like ours, and anything made after 2006 inherently has more technology-
All that said it is one of the greatest automotive successes of our lifetimes, seats four comfortably plus cargo and drives great.

And the TJ is a fun, simpler platform that endears itself to owners as well.

As a whole the TJ does attract a crowd that is quicker to wrench, liable to get junior out of school to help install a lift, is likely predominantly male, would likely out drink and out cuss the competition and doesn’t want to get involved with any of their goofiness like angry bird grills and ducking each other . Bless their hearts.

Last edited:
I’m the worst for fun at the expense of others -

As a proper southerner you can never lift yourself up- you put others down, then say “bless their heart.” Like “@John Cooper is a duck toting pervert, bless his heart.” The word bless gets you a pass into heaven later is what we are counting on.

Truthfully, there are several dynamics going on-

With me, I like to poke fun of percieved or cultural differences- but more importantly I’m pointing at marketing strategy- in truth the success of the JK is totally because Jeep saw a new market - just like Harley Davidson did . And boy did that throw some people a curve. Amidst the heresy of change, we have to remember companies that don’t do that are often destined to fail. The landscape is littered with solid companies that failed or nearly did because they failed to adapt or adapted too slow - Schwinn, Buck knives nearly did , Wilson sporting goods, K-Mart, Sears, Big K, Hardees, JC Penny, and countless others.

To sell more of anything to the public you have to cater to the norm-and invariably the new is evil, soft and likely to lead you down a path of shame and disgrace, maybe you will end up doing things in the shadows you wouldn’t want your friends and family to know. The end is always heroin and homelessness.

The first jeep guys in big numbers were likely the CJ era guys- they smoked camels, hunted, fished, had a wife and 2 girlfriends and wore English Leather- they were men among men. There are remnants of that era still around. They would scoff at our fluffy coil spring, air conditioned, automatic transmission and reclining seat TJ world.

And here we are , with most of our posts geared around keeping them alive or fixing what someone did trying to “improve” them and staunchly defending the “last real jeep” as the 4 door crowds the highways and eclipses every civilian jeep sold to date combined in sales.

Also, to be really honest, there are many, many seriously built Jks and Jls, done by seriously capable owners.

The old eventually has to give way to the new, it is often just the ego, the pride and money invested in the old that has to be defended or people would then have to admit maybe something is better, maybe someone is smarter or just maybe they have more money or make better decisions. This is all said knowing there are strong arguments for views on all models. And I know for a fact many guys here can afford either- some of us have enough in Tjs to want to hide it from the government and some guys have both Tjs and the Jk/Jl/JT. My case is it would be fun to have one, but I have so much invested in what I have I really just don’t want to try to convince my wife to go along with it as she stands there and says “ok, sell those others then meathead”.

The sheer numbers of Jks sold make some weaknesses a little more evident, the power to weight ratio is less than stellar like the TJ, the track bar/coil spring suspension is sensitive to change just like ours, and anything made after 2006 inherently has more technology-
All that said it is one of the greatest automotive successes of our lifetimes, seats four comfortably plus cargo and drives great.

And the TJ is a fun, simpler platform that endears itself to owners as well.

As a whole the TJ does attract a crowd that is quicker to wrench, liable to get junior out of school to help install a lift, is likely predominantly male, would likely out drink and out cuss the competition and doesn’t want to get involved with any of their goofiness like angry bird grills and ducking each other . Bless their hearts.

Do you have a condensed version of this post?