Duster deck covers and half cab tops

TreverStevens

Knows enough to be dangerous
Supporting Member
I found a local guy that’s selling a very good condition duster cover and a half cab or wind jammer top at a pretty good price. Not crazy about about the looks of the wind jammer look, but thinking for winter it might be nice so things would heat up a bit faster. Can anyone chime in on experience with these style of tops?

It depends on which type of top it is. If it is the 3 piece setup with a bikini top, windjammer & duster it can help warming up the front area faster if you are running a full top with the windjammer installed. I run one in the summer to help cut down on the amount of dust that can get in the cab when driving down forest service roads.

This style windjammer doesn't wrap around the sides of the rollbar.

1600793731528.png

They also make a half cab setup that is a more closed in setup. This style can make adjusting your seat difficult if you are tall.
Here is the style that wraps around the rollbar and can make it difficult to adjust your seats if you are tall or want to recline the seats.

1600793816185.png

If this is the style it is you don't get a fully enclosed top but it's nice for summer time. You can also run a full top with just the windjammer installed.

1600793939320.png

If it is like this one you can't run a full top with this windjammer but it does turn you TJ into a half cab style and is more weather tight but as I said above it can cause you not to be able to recline your seats of move them all the way to the rear.

1600794100908.png

Know which type it is will help.

@Wildman thanks! I’ll ask him which version he is selling because the pictures he used in the posting are of the top on the garage floor. He’s selling to header channels, 2 bikini tops, the windjammer, door surrounds, and the duster for less than $200. I have a factory soft top and nearly new bikini top I picked up not long ago, so I don’t really need any of the stuff he’s selling, but I might sell some of it off.

@Wildman thanks! I’ll ask him which version he is selling because the pictures he used in the posting are of the top on the garage floor. He’s selling to header channels, 2 bikini tops, the windjammer, door surrounds, and the duster for less than $200. I have a factory soft top and nearly new bikini top I picked up not long ago, so I don’t really need any of the stuff he’s selling, but I might sell some of it off.

If it's separate pieces then yes you can use the windjammer to make the cab area smaller which will help to let it warm up faster in the winter. And having the duster during the summer helps to keep dust and stuff off your gear in the summer if you don't need the back seat. The price is REALLY good if he is selling all the parts you listed. Having a spare bikini top is never a bad thing. I seem to ruin one about every 2-3 years depending on what trails I happen to be doing. I end up ripping mine from leaning into trees or rocks on some of the trails. And having a spare header channel again isn't a bad thing. The bikini tops I had you had a choice to run the door surrounds or not. I normally didn't run the surrounds as I broke one from rubbing on trees.
It sounds like a good deal and I'd jump on them if it's the correct style. And as you said you could always sell off the items you don't want/need.

I use a tonneau, and safari top in the summer. Add the duster in the cooler months. I like the set up alot though it limits rear access quite a bit. If its the version I have its definitely not the warmest in winter.

20200802_101200.jpg

Reactions: TreverStevens
@tworley
I’d probably just pull the rear seat in winter so I have a little extra storage back there and just pull the duster cover and put the full soft top on when I need to haul my dog or need the full back area.

@Wildman
I’m average height (5’9”) and don’t recline my seat like some in more urban environments tend to do, so I think it I’ll jump on it and if I need to sell it off later I can.

Reactions: Wildman