DylanM345 build

I had to call him to get it, couldn't find it separately on the website. Hes sending me a wiring harness(with relay) a toggle switch, pressure shutoff and pressure relief valve

Great. Steve is a good guy and he and I have spent a lot of time on the phone over the years. Sounds like you about got it. Did you get some high temp hose for the discharge side?

Reactions: D M and rasband
Great. Steve is a good guy and he and I have spent a lot of time on the phone over the years. Sounds like you about got it. Did you get some high temp hose for the discharge side?
Yes, the red hose im using is the one jerry recommended. Goodyear High temp hose

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
Its been a while, but was just waiting on a wiring harness from ORO. My york project is finally done! Big thank you to @Alex01 for talking me through wiring and @Wildman for part sourcing.

I plugged the hole, added a cooler before the separator, and it spews NO oil into my hand or the tires. It only spits a little bit every so often from the separator. I also took a page from @jjvw and made the intake from the windstar, I used a brass barbed fitting with a threaded center and secured it inside the windstar with a locknut. This is intended to help it run cooler.

This was a pain in the ass but I was able to wire the button to a different compressor switch in my rocker panel near my lights so I can keep it clean

Here she is

8A1FB06E-8451-486F-92B0-3431360EED04.jpeg

D0B03159-7ACF-4095-9BC4-3DC878AF7C4C.jpeg

77D9A1D5-65FA-4B20-BF1A-B43E9E5F8255.jpeg

Its been a while, but was just waiting on a wiring harness from ORO. My york project is finally done! Big thank you to @Alex01 for talking me through wiring and @Wildman for part sourcing.

I plugged the hole, added a cooler before the separator, and it spews NO oil into my hand or the tires. It only spits a little bit every so often from the separator. I also took a page from @jjvw and made the intake from the windstar, I used a brass barbed fitting with a threaded center and secured it inside the windstar with a locknut. This is intended to help it run cooler.

This was a pain in the ass but I was able to wire the button to a different compressor switch in my rocker panel near my lights so I can keep it clean

Here she is

View attachment 281592

View attachment 281590

View attachment 281594
Nice work dude! I like how clean the setup is 👍🏼

Nice work Dylan. How long does it take to inflate your tires when aired down?

Reactions: D M

Here she is

View attachment 281592

View attachment 281590
Unless something has changed in how Yorks work, the connection I circled is not long for this world. The temps get way too high on the output fitting. That or I'm missing which one is the discharge port somehow.

the connection I circled is not long for this world. The temps get way too high on the output fitting
Mine can definitely boil water and it's an electric so if that red hose is rated to 190F I'd say you're onto something. I'm sure V2 will have nice copper line there when V1 does its thing, they even make heat sinks that fit over the copper to help cool it.

sink.jpg

Nice work Dylan. How long does it take to inflate your tires when aired down?
Havent filled them yet, need the right fitting for the tires
Unless something has changed in how Yorks work, the connection I circled is not long for this world. The temps get way too high on the output fitting. That or I'm missing which one is the discharge port somehow.
Im not sure which connection you are referring too(I cant see what you circled, maybe it didnt add)

Havent filled them yet, need the right fitting for the tires

Im not sure which connection you are referring too(I cant see what you circled, maybe it didnt add)
The outlet. As you compress air it generates heat. I guess we know why they have a steel braided line in the ORO kit now.

Reactions: D M and Wildman
The outlet. As you compress air it generates heat. I guess we know why they have a steel braided line in the ORO kit now.

I melted a air hose I'd hooked up on the first OBA I'd ever done. It was on my CJ5 and I'm just starting to fill my tires up. Then all of a sudden I hear a loud woosh and something slapping around under the hood.

I ended up getting a discharge hose from a A/C system and used that.

• Wow
Reactions: D M and Alex01
So I just called steve at ORO, told him my setup. He said its the heated oil that melts the inside of the lines causing the failure. He also noted if you have the one he sells, then you need not to worry since they fixed the oil spew issue. I told him I plugged the hole in the head, and when I run it there is no oil that comes out of the sprayer. If I look into the separator after a good 2 minutes of use, there is nothing visible in the sight glass(which means mine is spewing very little, if any at all) Im gonna keep some hose clamps and extra hose should it ever fail

So I just called steve at ORO, told him my setup. He said its the heated oil that melts the inside of the lines causing the failure. He also noted if you have the one he sells, then you need not to worry since they fixed the oil spew issue. I told him I plugged the hole in the head, and when I run it there is no oil that comes out of the sprayer. If I look into the separator after a good 2 minutes of use, there is nothing visible in the sight glass(which means mine is spewing very little, if any at all) Im gonna keep some hose clamps and extra hose should it ever fail
Every compressor in use has a high heat resistant line from the discharge on the compressor head to the tank or manifold. Air gets hot when it is compressed. Oil, no oil, whatever, the air gets hot. Do it however you like but you will be replacing that section often.

The hose bought is for high temp, up to 312F. From what I’ve read air that gets compressed can get up to 300. We will see if it holds up, I still need to finish the rest like you have with the cooler and oil separator.

Empi 9210 Hi-Temp / Hi-Pressure Rubber Oil Hose, 5 Foot Length 1/2" ID https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDHZTNW/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Wildman and D M
The hose bought is for high temp, up to 312F. From what I’ve read air that gets compressed can get up to 300. We will see if it holds up, I still need to finish the rest like you have with the cooler and oil separator.

Empi 9210 Hi-Temp / Hi-Pressure Rubber Oil Hose, 5 Foot Length 1/2" ID https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDHZTNW/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Jerry recommended the Goodyear hose I'm using so lets see how long it lasts. Ill keep that link saved if/when mine goes bad

Went for a shakedown at hollister yesterday, long story short, anyone know how to replace this part? Bolt goes through these into my tcase pinion nut(rear DS)View attachment 283918
Haven't seen that before. Who made the shaft? I've not heard of the CV failing proir to a joint. If it's Adam's or TW I'd bet they'd help you out.

Reactions: starkey480 and D M
Haven't seen that before. Who made the shaft? I've not heard of the CV failing proir to a joint. If it's Adam's or TW I'd bet they'd help you out.
Its a Tom woods. My speedo is bouncing to 100+ randomly while driving so i figured id tighten the pinion nut on the tcase. I went to take the bolts off but had to rotate the rear shaft, so I rolled back like 2 feet and it just snapped!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: L J and Wildman