DylanM345 build

Back in RWD again. Yay, I hate FWD. Went to orileys to use their wrench. Torqued it back to 225. Speedo is still bouncing☹️. Ive checked all the connections and they are tight/together. It doesnt always bounce but its random and im not sure what it is at this point unless my tone ring sensor has gone bad(again)
1ED47881-0500-4C10-947D-8D2E7305A669.jpeg

Last edited:
Back in RWD again. Yay, I hate FWD. Went to orileys to use their wrench. Torqued it back to 225. Speedi is still bouncing☹️. Ive checked all the connections and they are tight/together. It doesnt always bounce but its random and im not sure what it is at this point unless my tone ring sensor has gone bad(again)
View attachment 285418
An Atlas will solve the problem. 😙

Make sure the little washer is between the sensor and the case, not between the Allen bolt and the sensor. It acts as a spacer rather than a washer and sets the depth of the sensor correctly

Reactions: D M
Make sure the little washer is between the sensor and the case, not between the Allen bolt and the sensor. It acts as a spacer rather than a washer and sets the depth of the sensor correctly
I have checked that and its correct. Im gonna give JB conversions a call/email soon and ask why this is happening. Im thinking I was given another bad sensor. 3rd times a charm lol?🤞

So ive noticed something weird with my speedo. It only acts up in 1st or 3rd gear(I dont use 5th on the freeway). 1st gear will normally delay a bit when I take off, then when i start moving a good amount it will start bouncing to 60-80-100+ etc. but the moment I put it into neutral it corrects itself immediatly and does not act up in 2nd.

Same thing happens in 3rd gear, bounces, sometimes reads properly, but the moment I put it into neutral or 4th its instantly fine and doesnt bounce... weird

Anyway I spoke with JB conversions amd theyre gonna send me another speed sensor free of charge. Im hoping this will be the last time I replace it lol.

That looks like the same one that I have in my STAK's t-case. Fingers crossed that it works for you this time with no issues.
All from JB conversions. 1st one came with the sye, second was a replacement to the first, this is a replacement to the second lol

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
Well im completely lost :( I installed the new sensor last night, test drive on the way to class and its still acting up only in 1st and 3rd. Really makes no sense how its fine in neutral, 2nd, and 4th. Im not sure what else to do.

Since its only acting up in 1st/3rd, that makes me think the gauges are fine and sensor are fine hence still working in 2nd, N, and 4th.

I noticed this happened right after my hollister wheeling trip... I hit the rear driveshaft... im thinking maybe it loosened the tcase yoke nut and pushed the shaft upward enough to throw the readings out of whack.

Also when I put it into 1st from a dead stop it always flicks past 60 very fast(100+). My next move is to get a new tcase yoke nut and re tourque. Hopefully I can fix this

Well im completely lost :( I installed the new sensor last night, test drive on the way to class and its still acting up only in 1st and 3rd. Really makes no sense how its fine in neutral, 2nd, and 4th. Im not sure what else to do.

Since its only acting up in 1st/3rd, that makes me think the gauges are fine and sensor are fine hence still working in 2nd, N, and 4th.

I noticed this happened right after my hollister wheeling trip... I hit the rear driveshaft... im thinking maybe it loosened the tcase yoke nut and pushed the shaft upward enough to throw the readings out of whack.

Also when I put it into 1st from a dead stop it always flicks past 60 very fast(100+). My next move is to get a new tcase yoke nut and re tourque. Hopefully I can fix this

Have you talked to JB Conversions about this? Expalined everyting you've tried and what has and hasn't helped any? And when it all started?

Have you talked to JB Conversions about this? Expalined everyting you've tried and what has and hasn't helped any? And when it all started?
I asked them what happened in an email and they just asked for a shipping address to send the new one.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Alex01
Try putting the tcase in nuetral and pull the sensor out, turn the tcase yoke until you can feel the notch on the tone ring with your finger tip (be careful though). Once you feel the notch, see if you can turn it independently of the shaft. If you can't, then the problem is likely the sensor is bad (again)

I'm wondering where they are getting their sensors? Since it LOOKS like what I have in my STaK's t-case when I needed to replace it I found out it is the same as the Rubicon sensor which is no longer offered by Mopar. And everyone who has gotten a aftermarket replacement sensor they have had issues with it.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...or-05-06-tjs-good-info-if-you-need-one.51834/
I lucked out and found a used one on Ebay for $25 so I'm hoping it'll work OK.

Reactions: D M
I'm wondering where they are getting their sensors? Since it LOOKS like what I have in my STaK's t-case when I needed to replace it I found out it is the same as the Rubicon sensor which is no longer offered by Mopar. And everyone who has gotten a aftermarket replacement sensor they have had issues with it.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...or-05-06-tjs-good-info-if-you-need-one.51834/
I lucked out and found a used one on Ebay for $25 so I'm hoping it'll work OK.
The only reason that I dont think its the speed sensor at this point is because it works perfectly in N, 2nd and 4th. I have absolutely no idea how that is possible lol

Reactions: Wildman