DylanM345 build

Tie two loops of good string on either end of the shock and use a quick grip clamp to compress it.

Reactions: D M
Thanks everyone for the tips... some wheaties did the trick🤪
11F66F58-D391-4927-9DAC-D1541E186384.jpeg

Way ta go Arnold! Now take er for a spin and let us know how the ride has improved.
Just took her for a spin. I cannot describe how smooth it is. I am beyond impressed and pleased with how smooth the ride is now. Not to much body roll, not to stiff, ive literally been hitting every bump I can around town.

Reactions: Alex01
Although, bear with me here... I dont know if it is just placebo(it cant be) but I feel that my pinion vibes are way worse. And I mean WAY worse. Normally id feel a decent vibe at any speed/given rpm with a somewhat bad one at 2500 rpm in 3rd... now I feel a bad vibe at all speeds and at 2500 in 3rd my mirror starts shaking and it honestly hurts my head. I dont know if it is a "sound" but it could be from the hardtop glass vibrating and its pretty bad. Good thing im doing the tummy tuck in the coming weeks😂

I thought I can only do that with a CV driveshaft/SYE
So, you changed lower control arms and shocks, right? Those new arms might be transferring some vibes due to both ends being poly. Just a thought. Also, the shocks may have raised your rear a bit. Maybe they will settle a bit over time. Tummy tuck is just going to make it worse, fyi.

Reactions: D M and Alex01
I have adjustable uppers and rears, so are you guys saying I can adjust pinion angle without having a SYE and DC driveshaft?

I have adjustable uppers and rears, so are you guys saying I can adjust pinion angle without having a SYE and DC driveshaft?
Not really. On a 2 ujoint drive shaft you want the t-case rear output yoke to be parallel with the rear axle yoke, so the same angle. But, after a lift, you can go too far and make the ujoints angry by too much operating angles. You can fiddle with the uppers a bit and see if you get improvement. Otherwise, you can try lowering the t-case skid with some washers to see if that improves it for a temporary measure.

Not really. On a 2 ujoint drive shaft you want the t-case rear output yoke to be parallel with the rear axle yoke, so the same angle. But, after a lift, you can go too far and make the ujoints angry by too much operating angles. You can fiddle with the uppers a bit and see if you get improvement. Otherwise, you can try lowering the t-case skid with some washers to see if that improves it for a temporary measure.
Will do right now. Thanks for that. Also you mentioned in an above post that the shocks may have lifted the jeep, One of the first things I noticed was my POV in the driver seat was angled at the ground. It is as if I have a rake now

If you're 2 weeks away from the tuck and the vibs are liveable I'd wait it out.

Are you doing a sye and dc at the same time?

Just a quick "fix" my front dash speakers stopped working, I think it was because the way I boogered the wiring. I found they made a wiring harness 🤦‍♂️. Instead of using the male to female connectors it came with, I heatshrinked and crimped the speaker wire to the harness so it will never come apart. I also put some polyfill stuffing in the front speaker area. Paired with the rear, this changed my overall sound by a ton. I am one happy person. I think im gonna put an 8" sub /ampin the ammo can at some point
1A725F06-9564-4172-85A3-EB2619E633E8.jpeg

28EE4EA6-0065-47B8-B551-AB3016B237FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Got some stuff done today, Mounted my Midland MXT275 on my ammo can, installed the upgraded antenna and cable.

I forgot to mention I built an auxillary fuse block a while back and mounted it in my ABS tray. Im gonna clean up the wires when I do highlines. I currently have my CB, Midland, and both my Rigid cube lights wired to the block. Now I only have two wires on the battery terminals. My winch and my fuse block🙂

I also forgot to mention a long time ago I installed a Uniden Pro 510xl with a 3' firestik. Soon going to the 2' and removing the spring since it wacks the midland antenna a lot.

Here are some pics
AF53B884-56B4-425E-817F-71654FC5C843.jpeg
8AE5E246-4906-4BA8-A998-B6A9865D5970.jpeg
960FCA0B-606B-4537-94FB-07E1FC943242.jpeg

Got some stuff done today, Mounted my Midland MXT275 on my ammo can, installed the upgraded antenna and cable.

I forgot to mention I built an auxillary fuse block a while back and mounted it in my ABS tray. Im gonna clean up the wires when I do highlines. I currently have my CB, Midland, and both my Rigid cube lights wired to the block. Now I only have two wires on the battery terminals. My winch and my fuse block🙂

I also forgot to mention a long time ago I installed a Uniden Pro 510xl with a 3' firestik. Soon going to the 2' and removing the spring since it wacks the midland antenna a lot.

Here are some picsView attachment 227648View attachment 227649View attachment 227650
Looks good