DylanM345 build

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
Just bought it nearly 2 weeks ago and im already in love. Within 3 days I drove it all the way to Lake Tahoe to do some trails with a friend @02GreenTJ It came with 33" tires (i don't know what brand), 3" skyjacker lift(I'm told that's :poop:)garvin custom bumper in the front and rear, inline-6, 86k on the clock and a manual transmission. Its got some pretty bad bump steer so i've got the zj tie rod conversion kit coming soon, then along with an alignment so I can officially start my build.

20190719_210919.jpg

20190719_120111.jpg

Last edited:
Is that Tahoe in the photos? If so, looks like a fun place to explore / wheel.

Reactions: D M
I ordered the warn m8000 from stage3motorsports for 566$ at my front door. Finally put it on today
23129.jpeg

Inspired by jjvw's build, I wanted to fab up a built in usb charging port since I use my bluetooth in the cigarette lighter

20191215_134824.jpg
20191215_165018.jpg

I went with the jks 1" motor mount lift and the savvy 1.25" body lift, was able to raise the tcase drop from the previous owner, but I still have some driveline vibes so I will be putting in some washers for now.
Before
Screenshot_20200108-195254_Gallery.jpg

After MML, BL and no tcase drop
23612.jpeg

Looks great! I love that brown soft top on the red with the half doors. That's a killer combo!
Thanks! I love it too. In the future though I plan to get some full doors and a hard top. IMHO a red tj with full doors and a black hardtop is one of the best looks a jeep can have

Not too good of a first impression by barnes 4wd, the screws showed up 2 weeks before the sliders did, the sliders were about a week late themselves. No packaging either, just plastic wrapped to be held together. Other than that im happy they arrived and now Im probably gonna do a gloss black paint for them.
23654.jpeg

Barnes 4wd rock sliders FAIL, they were too long (yes I ordered the correct ones) They are so long I would have to tuck them under both front and rear fender flares. The bad thing is I already sanded and painted them and barnes wont take them back, i've listed the for sale on craigslist here. I will be getting the Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers with the step. I should have just bit the bullet the first time :(

Pulled the engine today, will be getting it rebuilt by a local machine shop, hopefully, we will just have to get it honed, but if we have to we will bore out the cylinder walls and sleeve it. I will also get a brand new clutch/ flywheel set from LUK while its off
24662.jpeg
24660.jpeg
24658.jpeg

Last edited:
My motor is back and brand new, got it rebuilt by a local machine shop. It will be going in this week, along with my new clutch, seals, and small things to go along with it. I should be up and running this week(y)
24826.jpeg

Barnes 4wd rock sliders FAIL, they were too long (yes I ordered the correct ones) They are so long I would have to tuck them under both front and rear fender flares. The bad thing is I already sanded and painted them and barnes wont take them back, i've listed the for sale on craigslist here. I will be getting the Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers with the step. I should have just bit the bullet the first time :(
Rocker guards are supposed to go under your flares. Otherwise the corner of your wheelwells are exposed and open to damage.

Don't have a picture currently, but my motor has been put back in, new clutch and flywheel. Went to turn the key, pushed the clutch pedal down and somehow blew the slave cylinder. I later put in a whole kit from napa auto of the slave and master cylinder. She fired up and was running good. kept it at 2000 rpms for 20 minutes for the initial break in, now doing the 600 miles with varying speed and then shes (y) good