DylanM345 build

Is that for the bed liner to completely harden?
Yeah pretty much, It is hard to the touch, but still a little bit tacky after 24 hours. It still starts to smell like crazy though until about 3 days later, then it slowly stops smelling. Ive left mine in the sun for about 6 hours everyday now since monday. Still off gassing a bit.

I had always kinda wanted an ammo can as a center console but never really got around to it because i'm just sheer lazy :LOL: , but after seeing it done on another users build I decided to pull the trigger. I may or may not put a subwoofer in yet depending on how I like my current sound setup since I still have the polk 462's to install on the fronts(just waiting on the adapters). I ordered a 30mm ammo can from ammocanman.com and it arrived today so ill be putting it in tomorrow.
20200418_233128.jpg

I had always kinda wanted an ammo can as a center console but never really got around to it because i'm just sheer lazy :LOL: , but after seeing it done on another users build I decided to pull the trigger. I may or may not put a subwoofer in yet depending on how I like my current sound setup since I still have the polk 462's to install on the fronts(just waiting on the adapters). I ordered a 30mm ammo can from ammocanman.com and it arrived today so ill be putting it in tomorrow.
View attachment 154034
Great build so far. I can't wait to see how the ammo can center console turns out.

Reactions: D M
The ammo can I ordered was actually too big, ill be selling it/returning it for a 20 mm ammo can because I actually cant move my seats forward or backwards and it actually is such a tight fit that it bends the box to the point were I cant put the lid back on. Good thing I didnt cut it.

Reactions: Rickyd and JMT
Luckily for me, I ordered the ammo can at ammocanman.com and spoke with a very nice lady on the phone who said I could swap out the 30mm for a 20mm since they are the same price and I barely touched mine. I shipped it back yesterday at fedex. They should send mine when they receive the old one so I should have it on Saturday.

Reactions: JMT
I also got the brackets for my polk speakers in the front, I didn't have the plug and play adapters so I made my own by grinding down a male connecter, crimped both ends, and wrapped with electrical tape so they wont ground out if they ever come in contact with each other.
IMG_2132.jpg

Here are pics of the front 462s and the rear 522s, they are absolutely great over stock. I may or may not do a sub in the center console as I havent decided yet. These speakers are great, but I feel if i had a different head unit that put out more amps they would be better since my current head unit gives 180 amps divided by 4 speakers so its only 45 amps each which isnt that much, but they still sound amazing.
IMG_2134.jpgIMG_2133.jpg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I started working on the ammo can today. I really wanted to make a hinge, so I shortened the lip, rear lip like so.
Before
IMG_2136 (1).jpg
After
IMG_2135 (1).jpg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I decided to use the mig welder to do some small tac welds on the rear so it would secure itself being its own hinge.
I had to use the angle grinder and a wire wheel to take away the paint so the welds would stick
IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

Here is the sides all welded on, 2 tac welds on each side did the trick.
IMG_2140.jpg

I made my measurements, and cut using a jack saw. I will be painting the whole thing satin black tomorrow. I also plan to make two separate shelves within the unit to separate it.
IMG_2141.jpg

I got the can painted today, I started out by making a bottom shelf so you cant see the e-brake cabling
IMG_2147.jpg
IMG_2146.jpg
IMG_2152.jpg

I then started making a top shelf to sit above that so I have a little cubby to put stuff in, and then the top I can put stuff I use on the daily
IMG_2149.jpg
IMG_2148.jpg

Here they are both together

IMG_2150.jpg

And here it is inside the ammo can
IMG_2160.jpg

I'll also be staining the wood black or a dark brown for a nice finish. Heres the ammo can between the seats
IMG_2159.jpg

I sanded with 320 grit, knocked down the edges, and stained it black after making some final cuts. Its drying over night and I will be clear coating it tomorrow.
IMG_2165.jpg

I went with @02GreenTJ to sacramento today to pick up an OEM tan hardtop he bought for $400, we talked to the guy and he wanted to get rid of some stuff, sure shit, he gave me his khaki full doors, a khaki bikini top, and some mossy oak seat covers. He literally said "yeah id like to get rid of my full doors and i dont even want to sell em, just get rid of them, know anyone that needs some doors?" So I just SCORED his full doors for FREE that barely had any usage. His jeep had 50k and he bought his tj to immediately get painted the Jurassic park orange look. Im gonna get them re-keyed and painted flame red to match
IMG_2189.jpgIMG_2188.jpg
IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2192.jpgIMG_2193.jpg
What a day

I bought some powder coated poison spyder dana 30 & 44 covers, sanded the spider and painted red to color match. Installed today.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
So I sold the dana 30 I picked up, not sure if I'm gonna do selectable or lunchbox lockers yet. I got a new project done, the Windstar cowl intake mod. I didn't do it for any performance gain or anything like that. I plan on going through with Poison Spyder highlines(3" tapered flare) some time around Christmas. I had a tough time finding an exact how-to, but I think I did pretty good.
IMG_0329.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looks like we’ll both be busy
So I sold the dana 30 I picked up, I plan to run 5.13s down the line since I definitely want to go 35s, am thinking about chromoly shafts for the front and rear, not sure if I'm gonna do selectable or lunchbox lockers yet. I got a new project done, the Windstar cowl intake mod. I didn't do it for any performance gain or anything like that. I plan on going through with Poison Spyder highlines(3" tapered flare) some time around Christmas. I had a tough time finding an exact how-to, but I think I did pretty good.View attachment 196762

Reactions: D M