E-Bikes

MutantNinjaTJ

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Who has one and would you reccomend it? I'm looking for a smaller off road bike with fat tires, 60mins run time, mid drive, room for a rack on the back for running erands and doing some back road riding. Budget is around 2K. Let me know your thoughts as the people on this forum do their research and know what they are talking about....well most of the time they do.

Reactions: srimes
I have a Radrover 5. Love it for riding bikes with the kids. Don't really do any offroading with it but with the fiat tires it's easy to do. I've used it a few times this summer and haven't needed to recharge the battery, 3-5 miles per ride. I never pedal, just twist the grip and go. Was only $1500 when I bought mine at the beginning of Covid.

Mrs App has the Radrunner and likes it but it doesn't have the fat tires. It's got more rack space though.

A real electric mountain bike will be way more than 2k. I really don’t know what 2k will get you but I’m sure it won’t be a “off-road” bike.
A regular mountain bike will cost about 2k

Reactions: IJK
Who has one and would you reccomend it? I'm looking for a smaller off road bike with fat tires, 60mins run time, mid drive, room for a rack on the back for running erands and doing some back road riding. Budget is around 2K. Let me know your thoughts as the people on this forum do their research and know what they are talking about....well most of the time they do.

Watching. Been interested in the exact same, except I'd like to spend less. Not sure how feasible that is though.

Been thinking of saving money and getting one of those Ebike conversion kits, basically just swap out a tire/wheel and strap a battery to the frame…

Reactions: Zorba
Are you settled on a ebike? Would you be opposed to just a regular mountain bike? By “off road” did you mean a mountain bike?
Here’s my Mountain bike(MTB) on 27.5x2.8 tires which are considered “fat tires” in the MTB world.
But let me tell ya if you think jeep is expensive MTB is just as expensive. I’m in around 3k.

A4EC5C0B-821F-4B48-AAE8-AD19E8C3556B.jpeg

Reactions: Blondie70
Are you settled on a ebike? Would you be opposed to just a regular mountain bike? By “off road” did you mean a mountain bike?
Here’s my Mountain bike(MTB) on 27.5x2.8 tires which are considered “fat tires” in the MTB world.
But let me tell ya if you think jeep is expensive MTB is just as expensive. I’m in around 3k.

View attachment 355482

You expect these lazy ass bastards to pedal?

All I'd suggest is get one used. Many people buy them to just ride around town and then realize quickly riding bikes around cars and trucks is not for them. There are also plenty that aren't fit enough to pedal mountain bike trails and don't realize that also means their body can't take the abuse in general.

Reactions: Wildman and srimes
All I'd suggest is get one used. Many people buy them to just ride around town and then realize quickly riding bikes around cars and trucks is not for them. There are also plenty that aren't fit enough to pedal mountain bike trails and don't realize that also means their body can't take the abuse in general.

X2 buy used and save