Eagle-eyes of experience needed on pic from seller

Cactus Jim

Dear Experts,

I'm hoping to look at this '05 Rubi tomorrow, the seller has sent me this pic of the underside. I'm wondering if that bracket looks like it was bashed, and if there's a way I can determine if it's ok when I see it in person. One edge looks almost flared out a little but I'm not sure if that's what they look like normally.

Anything else seem odd in the pics?

Thanks!

20201006_122528.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

Looks clean. Those brackets can sometimes hit on rocks if you wheel even moderately. It isn't anything to worry about. My axle side brackets look much worse and the frame side brackets on my old frame looked worse as well.

Reactions: EzPeezy
A 6 speed LJR like that one is about perfect IMO. I wouldn't wait to long to go check it out, that is for sure. Looks to be in good condition from the photos.

If it's an automatic tranny there is a possibility of shifting problems caused by the ECM. Search this site for more info. There is a fix but it costs around $600 from Wranglerfix.com. But that shouldn't be a show stopper.

If it's an automatic tranny there is a possibility of shifting problems caused by the ECM. Search this site for more info. There is a fix but it costs around $600 from Wranglerfix.com. But that shouldn't be a show stopper.
6 speed manual. I've read about those slipping out of gear and such, however, seems like they can have issues too.

Looks like an aftermarket tranny skid was bolted up and there's some damage to the front left part of the stock skid. I don't see anything scary in the pics.