Colorado Eagle Rock Saran Wrap Sat Sept 14th

jjvw

useless stäff member
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
ER/SW is similar in difficulty to Chinaman Gulch. Easier than Spring Creek and Holy Cross.

The Jeep should have 33s and lockers. Raised undersides helps a lot.

Reactions: strumble8
Maybe for me.

I asked the missus on Saturday, and she gave me an evil eye look. So she might have something planned that I forgot about...Last time I did this I smashed my windshield frame into a tree!

Reactions: jjvw
Last time, I smashed the tailpipe closed days after I finished building it. :(

Two others from a different group are in, as well. We are at four rigs and one maybe right now.

I wish I could make it, it’s my son’s birthday party though.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

I was curious about the trail and found a video on youtube.

@tworley that jeep around the 13 and 30min mark looks familiar. (And thumbnail photo)

Reactions: jjvw and tworley
I was curious about the trail and found a video on youtube.

@tworley that jeep around the 13 and 30min mark looks familiar. (And thumbnail photo)

Back when my 33s were really worn down. The 13min mark was a real sandy hill climb. I couldnt go anywhere without sliding, I slid right into a tree and dented my windshield frame and body panel near the cowl

IMG_1863.JPG

Back when my 33s were really worn down. The 13min mark was a real sandy hill climb. I couldnt go anywhere without sliding, I slid right into a tree and dented my windshield frame and body panel near the cowl

View attachment 114523
The traction defiantly doesn't look great in the video. I bet the fresh 35s would make it a bit better. At least sliding into the tree didn't take out the window. Looks like it was fairly close to crushing the glass.

UCF makes an armor plate for that area if you're at all concerned. https://undercoverfab.com/misc-armo...j.html#/22-material_type-1_8_6061_t6_aluminum

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
Man I am bummed! My wife set up a camping trip this weekend. I have wanted to do Eaglerock and Saran Wrap since I got the jeep. Well maybe next time. :cautious: I mean it's only in my backyard!

Last edited:
Reactions: strumble8
Woohoo! Our camping trip got postponed. I will meet you guys at Home Depot. I may have two other guys with me, but not sure. They haven’t confirmed yet.

Reactions: jjvw