Colorado Eagle Rock Saran Wrap Sat Sept 14th

Mike found pieces while walking up the hill. Then we figured out they belonged to Damien.

Interesting. What track bar does he have? Did it have a johnny joint with the snap ring? I am guessing that is what failed

Reactions: Igoo65
We went camping south of Buffalo Creek. A crying baby and the hosts generator kept us up all night 😫 We'll be doing dispersed next time...

Reactions: rasband and jjvw
Interesting. What track bar does he have? Did it have a johnny joint with the snap ring? I am guessing that is what failed

JKS. Not a Johnny Joint, but similar design. I strongly suspect it wasn't assembled correctly after a recent servicing and the snap ring wasn't seated properly.

We went camping south of Buffalo Creek. A crying baby and the hosts generator kept us up all night 😫 We'll be doing dispersed next time...

The generator craze has been driving me nuts, definitely nice to get to the further out spots.

Any signs of leaves starting to change?

The generator craze has been driving me nuts, definitely nice to get to the further out spots.

Any signs of leaves starting to change?

Starting to lighten, but far from peak. It was still 85 degrees up there. 40 degrees in the morning.

Dispersed is so much better. :)

I thought we were far enough from the main hwy and late enough in the month that we would avoid most people. The road I wanted to go down was gated and locked so we found ourselves at Meadows Gold. Worst night I have had camping in awhile. May head to Saxon Mtn this weekend.

Are you tent camping or do you pull a trailer? We will be going up to County road 31, up by Tarryall. in two weeks.

We tent. Though my wife is starting to lean towards a small camper so she can have a bed. I am all for it because then I get to buy a truck :)

My family has a cabin up in Wyoming, but to get there is an 8 hour trip. You have to take a few days off work to really justify going up there

We went to a big pop up (Fleetwood Niagara) a few years ago. We were tired of sleeping on the ground, even with an air mattress. Waking up being baked to death as soon as the sun came up. We are starting to think about upgrading to a hard side, which means I get to upgrade my truck! :) My truck is going on 265,000 and getting a little week to pull a full size trailer.

Last edited:
A few more from last weekend.
IMG-5010.jpg

IMG-5019.jpg

IMG-5025.jpg

IMG-5031.jpg