Easy to use gps

There are so many options for car gps. If you want something you can remove and put in any vehicle i would go with garmin. Somthing like this

Garmin Nuvi 57LM GPS Navigator System with Spoken Turn-By-Turn Directions,5 inch display, Lifetime Map Updates, Direct Access, and Speed Limit Displays https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RVGZRR2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

If you only wsnt it for one specific vehicle you can get a radio with a built in gps. Or only that will use your phone and display it on the radio.

my next dumb question is do these need wifi or anything like that? reason I ask is my I phone many times went blank when I was out west and even when I went into the everglades does the garmin still function in those areas?

The garmin i posted is a self contained unit. It stores all the maps internally so it always works. No signal is needed.

When you need to update it (not required) you plug it into a computer and download the update. This is a great option if you travel "real" roads where there is no cellular connection.