Eaton E-Locker wiring to MLC-6

Jesse_224

I recently had my Dana 35 replaced with a Dana 44 out of an LJ. I had a shop replace my gears in the Dana 30/44 with 4.88’s and had them install Eaton E-Lockers.
My shop did not hook the lockers up to switches. They said they keep them unhooked until the 500 mile gear break in is done. My 500 miles is almost done. Since I live 100 miles from the shop the owner agreed that I could change the diff oil and hook the switches up myself.
Here is the question. The lockers have two wires coming from them. I have a Rough Country MLC-6. So one wire will go to the MLC-6 positive for the switch I chose and one will go to the negative for the switch I chose. Is that correct? Is it that simple? I believe the shop told me that which wire went to positive didn’t matter.
I can call the shop and ask but I was hoping I could get an answer here.

A relay can be used but for circuits like a locker that might be critical in some situations I'd go with nothing more complex than a good heavy duty on-off switch with a 15 amp fuse. Eaton's E-Locker only draws 5-10 amps, not enough to actually require a relay which is just one more thing that can go wrong at the wrong time.

Thanks for the info Jerry. I like the simplicity of just a fuse and switch. I already have the MLC-6 which is a fuse relay box with in cab switches. The MLC-6 is already wired and ready to go, so I think I will go that way and just carry a spare relay or two.