eBay find: 2004 Rubicon $9900 BIN, Rhode Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love when sellers claim it’s a clean frame but then don’t post photos. It should be mandatory for sellers to post frame photos I think.

Reactions: Gambaholic
looks like the flares and HT are painted silver??? look at his #3 and 4 feedback! one says specifically he lied about the jeep frame it was toast.

Nice catch! I'd run from this one, no doubt.

Yeah, well - have time on my hands...waiting for up to 10" of snow, pouring rain now but, all schools and a lot of business closed in anticipation....I was the idiot that came to work.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah, well - have time on my hands...waiting for up to 10" of snow, pouring rain now but, all schools and a lot of business closed in anticipation....I was the idiot that came to work.

Hopefully you brought the TJ!

Reactions: cliffish
looks like the flares and HT are painted silver??? look at his #3 and 4 feedback! one says specifically he lied about the jeep frame it was toast.
Wow, didn’t see that. Like Chris said, good catch! I’ve been casually looking because my wife now wants to sell her JK and by a TJ. :clapclap: I’m keeping my eye out for something local and preferably stock so we can be the first to modify it. :)

Reactions: Chris and cliffish
Wow, didn’t see that. Like Chris said, good catch! I’ve been casually looking because my wife now wants to sell her JK and by a TJ. :clapclap: I’m keeping my eye out for something local and preferably stock so we can be the first to modify it. :)

Why does she want to switch from a JK to a TJ? Not that I blame her or course!

Why does she want to switch from a JK to a TJ? Not that I blame her or course!

She just really likes the way it looks over the jk. A friend of hers at work has 2001 tj and that’s what really got her started wanting a Jeep a few years back. Not really knowing anything about jeeps we just went to the dealer to see if there was anything we could afford and we ended up with a used 2011 jk. It’s been a great Jeep (except now it needs an EGR valve replacement and has the typical rear main seal leak) but seeing as it has the unpopular “underpowered” motor and it’s starting to get up there in age and miles, I’m glad to sell it now and find a nice tj to mod for her. Honestly it never feels underpowered so I don’t know what that is all about. Although, it’s stock and doesn’t have heavy bumpers, armor, big wheels, and all that weighing it down so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, it’ll be good experience and what can be better than having the wife on board with buying and modifying a Jeep?!

Reactions: Chris

There's a place 30 miles down the road from me where I bought my '04 Rubicon that deals almost exclusively in Jeeps and the TJ for sure. His prices are decent and can be negotiated. He always has new stuff coming in too.

There's a place to get the VIN instantly emailed to you on the site so you can look up the build sheets. I wouldn't 100% trust the descriptions.

https://www.toyhookupinc.net/inventory.aspx?mk=Jeep&dcexbs=148&cursort=asc&curpage=1

There's a place to get the VIN instantly emailed to you on the site so you can look up the build sheets. I wouldn't 100% trust the descriptions.

For example ... this one actually has a Dana 44 with 3.73 gears (not 3.07) according to the VIN —- 1J4FA49S15P331567

Status
Not open for further replies.