Electrical issues

Jabs

Hi, I am new to the forum and owning a TJ. I wanted to know if anyone in New Jersey knows a quality shop I can take my TJ to solve this electrical issue I’ve been having.

My issue is that my needle gauges are not working along with my dome light, radio, and OBD2 connection. I have switched out the IOD fuse under the hood several times even though the fuse never popped to begin with. Cleaned the ground on the side of the engine block and still nothing. I am not well versed with the electrical setup (very interested in learning more) of the TJ so if I opened everything up, wouldn’t really know where to start with troubleshooting it.

So I wanted to know if anyone knows of a quality place I can take it to to help me out in the Union County, New Jersey area. Thank you!

P.S. would also like to know if any Jeep clubs or just a group of people in NJ that wheel. Thank you.

Dome light is number 4 fuse behind glove box. Have you checked that and/or other fuses yet?

Fuse number 4 is to disable the dome light. It is not the power source. If the fuse is pulled, the dome light will not work.
Right.
The dome light is not working. It may be simply missing. And check the other fuses, like I said. It's a good place to start.

Reactions: skrelnik
On my '05 TJR the dome light quit, the second power supply beside the cigarette lighter quit, the 4WD and locker lights quit and the power to the locker switch quit over a 1 month period. All fuses were good, or replaced. The issue was in the monster wiring harness behind the battery, 1 wire was corroded. Splicing in 8" fixed everything.

Reactions: skrelnik
On my '05 TJR the dome light quit, the second power supply beside the cigarette lighter quit, the 4WD and locker lights quit and the power to the locker switch quit over a 1 month period. All fuses were good, or replaced. The issue was in the monster wiring harness behind the battery, 1 wire was corroded. Splicing in 8" fixed everything.

It could very well be the harness got corroded if all fuses are in good shape.

@Jabs - finding a shop to trace electrical issues is really hard to find. I wish I could point you to someone, and the only person I know somewhat around you is an audio installer, one of the best in the northeast. He might tackle a job like that, but dont know. His website is below. Also, you could order new batter wires and terminals and install them yourself. The link below is to the parts, and all parts are well labeled and easy to install.

https://unexpectedcreations.com

https://www.custombatterycables.com/jeep-wrangler/