Arizona Elvis Trail—Florence, Arizona (December 5th)

Added to Calendar: 12-05-20

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
As luck would have it, my wife is going to be going out of town on December 4th through December 6th. She taking the kids, so I have the weekend all to myself.

The plan is to do Elvis Trail on Saturday, December 5th. You can read more about the trail and download the GPX map here:

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1124-elvis-trail
We'll be meeting on Saturday, December 5th at 1:30 PM on the corner of Price Rd and Highway 79.

You can find the meet location here on Google Maps:

https://goo.gl/maps/uuwFzfQmyXLR7BiQ7
This trail is great in that it has dozens of lines you can pick to make your experience either very easy or very difficult. Even on 31s with a 2" lift, you should be able to do it fine if you pick the right line and have a good spotter (which there will be several good spotters on hand). We'll take the time to make sure you don't damage your rig and get through unscathed.

CBs will be tuned to channel 18.

I suggest bringing your own air compressor so that you can air down, as it will be necessary.

Take pictures! I'm too far away, have stock wheels, and a performance the 5th anyway - but like to live vicariously.

I won’t be able to wheel that Sunday since I’ll be out of town. But I would definitely be in for Elvis on Saturday! Highway to hell is 35s minimum with no bypasses. Some of the waterfalls are barely climbable with our wheelbase (so I’ve heard). I would love to do it a different weekend though

I'll confirm with the Mrs. to make sure that we don't have any travel plans that weekend, but I'm definitely in (at least for Saturday)...

Keep us posted! I haven't been to Elvis in a while and it may be fun to get back there on coil springs this time :)

Reactions: Chris
I'm still mulling over Sunday and Highway to Hell. Not that I don't want to do it, but from what I am seeing that looks like an extreme trail. I'd really like to go scope it out first or go with someone who has been recently.

From the reviews, some are saying it should be a buggy only trail, and others are saying "damage" is imminent :LOL:

Elvis though, that one we will do for sure.

I'm still mulling over Sunday and Highway to Hell. Not that I don't want to do it, but from what I am seeing that looks like an extreme trail. I'd really like to go scope it out first or go with someone who has been recently.

From the reviews, some are saying it should be a buggy only trail, and others are saying "damage" is imminent :LOL:

Elvis though, that one we will do for sure.
It's been a while since I was at H2H but I recall that it does favor wheelbase a bit. That said, a nicely built TJ/YJ can do it.

Skids and sliders are a must - which is why I will be passing on Sunday's adventure (at least until Santa brings my sliders - I already banged my rockers up last weekend!)

Reactions: Chris
Would like to get out but sounds like both are likely more than I'm built for on my little 31s and open diffs.
Unless something has drastically changed, you'd be okay on Elvis. The trail has enough bypasses for a SWB rig to get by. Worst case is you get winched a few times :)

Reactions: starkey480
Unless something has drastically changed, you'd be okay on Elvis. The trail has enough bypasses for a SWB rig to get by. Worst case is you get winched a few times :)
Yes, I think he would actually be okay on Elvis, especially since there are plenty of bypasses.

Reactions: pc1p
Yes, I think he would actually be okay on Elvis, especially since there are plenty of bypasses.
There are a few waterfalls that don't have a "bypass" but with a good spotter can easily be zig-zagged into an manageable line...

There are a few waterfalls that don't have a "bypass" but with a good spotter can easily be zig-zagged into an manageable line...
Yes, I was there a few weeks ago and I think most of it could be done on 31s with a good spotter and no damage.

Elvis Trail is one that I think just about everyone can do just fine, especially with a good spotter. Highway to Hell, I want to find someone who has done it before to go with 🤣

Reactions: pc1p and DaveC
I assume Elvis Trail is also a rock crawling trail since you need a spotter.

Correct, but as previously mentioned, it’s not terribly tough and there are many lines to pick which would allow for a very easy path, in addition to a number of obstacle bypasses.

Reactions: 5632