Elvis Trail and Box Canyon—Florence, Arizona

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Had a phenomenal day wheeling out at Elvis Trail and Box Canyon today with @starkey480, @pc1p, @Pressurized, @DaveC, @RINC, @Jamison C, @Joshuavolt, and several others. There were 12 of us total.

We even had a YJ tag along with us that was driving like a mad man and managed to smash into a rock on the waterfall which snapped his engine mount in half and then took out his oil filter and spilled oil everywhere. He had to get towed out needless to say.

It was completely dark by the time we made it back and one hell of a fun day. I hope you wheel with all of you guys again as I had a blast.

If any of you guys took any good photos, please share them.

IMG_8853.jpg

IMG_8851.jpg

IMG_8852.jpg

IMG_8854.jpg

IMG_8855.jpg

IMG_8856.jpg

IMG_8857.jpg

IMG_8859.jpg

I'm home. Was able to tow the stricken YJ to the flower pots and their flatbed showed up just as I was finishing my air up. Was a serious amount of fun on the gatekeeper today. Lots of loose dirt and areas that were dug out adding the difficulty. Hope everyone made it out safely.

I'm home. Was able to tow the stricken YJ to the flower pots and their flatbed showed up just as I was finishing my air up. Was a serious amount of fun on the gatekeeper today. Lots of loose dirt and areas that were dug out adding the difficulty. Hope everyone made it out safely.

Good to hear on the YJ.

I Want 35's ! :cool:

Good to meet y'all. Thank you for the help. Man, that was fun. I want more.
20201205_154322.jpg

Why I love Arizona.
20201205_165501.jpg

Made it back, though we couldn’t catch up to you guys by the time we winched the YJ down and @Pressurized got him towed back to safety...

We ended up doing Box Canyon and the Waterfall in the dark. Even got to help a 2-day old JTUR do the waterfall with some good spotting.

Here’s a few from my phone... I’ll get the camera and GoPro downloded tonight

80B59F56-C33A-493A-87C0-E8DE2707CEC0.jpeg

28DCB9BA-EDC6-4464-B185-96CD907CC3CD.jpeg
65A8D677-2459-4AEA-BA9D-FCC8C36225F9.jpeg

@Dale W turns everything into an optional line :)
EF780D49-53CC-4871-B3AC-B7650267603E.jpeg

This particular line on the waterfall was much more difficult in a SWB TJ. @Pressurized made it up a lot easier with the LWB of his Unlimited. Some of it may have been line, but it was clearly evident that the LWB was advantageous here as you can see in the videos below.

Here's @Pressurized with the LWB:

And here's @Blackiosh with the SWB:

This particular line on the waterfall was much more difficult in a SWB TJ. @Pressurized made it up a lot easier with the LWB of his Unlimited. Some of it may have been line, but it was clearly evident that the LWB was advantageous here as you can see in the videos below.

Here's @Pressurized with the LWB:

And here's @Blackiosh with the SWB:

I'm pretty sure it was because @Pressurized was a better driver than me and knew what he was doing lol.

I'm pretty sure it was because @Pressurized was a better driver than me and knew what he was doing lol.
I think that may be part of it, but I actually do think a lot of it had to do with the longer wheelbase and the fact of that rock being particularly slick.

Made it back, though we couldn’t catch up to you guys by the time we winched the YJ down and @Pressurized got him towed back to safety...

We ended up doing Box Canyon and the Waterfall in the dark. Even got to help a 2-day old JTUR do the waterfall with some good spotting.

Here’s a few from my phone... I’ll get the camera and GoPro downloded tonight

View attachment 208187

View attachment 208188
View attachment 208189
@Dale W turns everything into an optional line :)
View attachment 208190
That was a cool little climb!

Reactions: pc1p and Chris