Elvis Trail and Box Canyon—Florence, Arizona

Reactions: DaveC
Since I don't have 35" tires Box Canyon looks like a trail I would love to experience Put me in line if you should do it again..

Reactions: Zorba
The trails around here are both technical and scenic. It’s quite a treat having some of the best wheeling in the state a mere 4 miles from my house. Every day I wake up I realize moving here was the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.

Reactions: alittleoff
Chris - I know you were not around in the 40's but have you been into or around the McFarland building there in Florence? It was over 20 years ago but the oldest building I ever sleep in was a house across the street from the police dept. was 100 years old at the time. Things change over time.

Chris - I know you were not around in the 40's but have you been into or around the McFarland building there in Florence? It was over 20 years ago but the oldest building I ever sleep in was a house across the street from the police dept. was 100 years old at the time. Things change over time.
I haven’t been around that building. Well maybe I have an I just didn’t know what it’s called. I suppose I need to look it up. Florence has a pretty rich history.

Reactions: 5632
The trails around here are both technical and scenic. It’s quite a treat having some of the best wheeling in the state a mere 4 miles from my house. Every day I wake up I realize moving here was the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.
No, the best decision you made was selling the stock TJ. Now you understand why.

I wish someone had gotten video of the super aggressive YJ driver when he snapped his motor mount in the rocks and then busted open the oil filter 🤦🏻

As soon as I saw a beat up old YJ I absolutely knew in my head that this guy was going to go balls out with the throttle 🤣

I won’t argue with that. I’ve been having such a blast taking this one on the trails.
A few more trail difficulty levels and it's gonna be- "fucking Blaine, I don't want a TJ Unlimited, I don't wanna climb those waterfalls like a hero, I don't, I don't, I don't!"

Whilst I sit over here giggling.

I wish someone had gotten video of the super aggressive YJ driver when he snapped his motor mount in the rocks and then busted open the oil filter 🤦🏻

As soon as I saw a beat up or YJ I absolutely knew in my head that this guy was going to go balls out with the throttle 🤣
I see just as many TJ drivers do the same, not for long though.

Reactions: Chris
I see just as many TJ drivers do the same, not for long though.
Even with as little experience as I have, I looked at this guy and instantly knew this is how you shouldn’t drive. No armor, no sliders, and very throttle heavy. Didn’t even make it past the first waterfall before he had to be towed out.

A few more trail difficulty levels and it's gonna be- "fucking Blaine, I don't want a TJ Unlimited, I don't wanna climb those waterfalls like a hero, I don't, I don't, I don't!"

Whilst I sit over here giggling.

Then I’ll need something like this, huh?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/603704223621830/
🤣

As soon as I saw a beat up old YJ I absolutely knew in my head that this guy was going to go balls out with the throttle 🤣
I might have some of it.... I'll check.

I might have some of it.... I'll check.

If you do, it’s worth posting as a reminder of how not to drive.

I can’t fault the guy. He was really young and maybe just didn’t know any better. Still, as an onlooker I couldn’t help but cringe since I genuinely knew it was coming.

Yeah, about 3.2 times of climbing in and out of the window and you'll be fully over it.
Same thing I told @starkey480 yesterday. We were both talking about how much fun that rig would be, and I said “with no doors it would probably get old really fast”.

Same thing I told @starkey480 yesterday. We were both talking about how much fun that rig would be, and I said “with no doors it would probably get old really fast”.
One might tolerate the no doors for a bit. The no windshield on those mornings where it is slightly above freezing trying to get to the trail is fully miserable. Those rigs are not designed to be crawled. If you don't drive like the YJ guy, you aren't getting the full potential out of the rig.

• Haha
Reactions: starkey480
One might tolerate the no doors for a bit. The no windshield on those mornings where it is slightly above freezing trying to get to the trail is fully miserable. Those rigs are not designed to be crawled. If you don't drive like the YJ guy, you aren't getting the full potential out of the rig.
So it’s more of a “rock racer” type or driving, I figured that was the case. Cool to look at, not practical for anything other than actual competition racing.

Yes, that’s what gets me about the RZRs. Granted they have doors, but without heat or air conditioning, I imagine they can get pretty damn uncomfortable. I don’t have to tell you how cold it gets in the desert this time of year.