EMP Proof TJ

Pops

A little fun here.....
How are we going to protect our post apocalyptic Jeeps from the post election EMP?
We know our Wranglers are already pretty good Faraday cages with a reasonably well insulated wiring system, but what would ya do to make it more EMP resistant?

1. Park in a metal building
2. Wrap computers in foil
3. Wrap fuse boxes in foil

Any pumps, sensors, etc, etc, that would need special attention?

TJ's are already EMP resistant. At least according to one report I read. The Air Force tested one, among other vehicles, at the range in New Mexico. It stopped, but started right back up with no discernable damage. The paper said that if the field strength got high enough to disable the vehicle permanently, the operator would be disabled as well. Nice thought, huh?

_One Second After_ by William Forstchen is a great fictional book about a family dealing with the aftermath of a targeted EMP event. It's been a few years since I've read it and now I found out he has two more in the series that I'll have to get and read as well. In it the lead protagonist has an old Edsel and Mustang so he's one of the lucky few who can still travel.

_One Second After_ by William Forstchen is a great fictional book about a family dealing with the aftermath of a targeted EMP event. It's been a few years since I've read it and now I found out he has two more in the series that I'll have to get and read as well. In it the lead protagonist has an old Edsel and Mustang so he's one of the lucky few who can still travel.

Added to my reading list.:D

Reactions: Travis and Stinger
I had a person in my patrol area in Salt Lake that had the entire inside of his house lined with tin foil. And I shit you not, he worn a tin foil hat that even covered his ears. We visited his house many times over the years on WIERD complaints!

I had a person in my patrol area in Salt Lake that had the entire inside of his house lined with tin foil. And I shit you not, he worn a tin foil hat that even covered his ears. We visited his house many times over the years on WIERD complaints!

I don't understand people like this. I think what they need is medication.

I'm an advocate of being as self sufficient as you reasonably can, but sheesh! I'm pretty sure that the shadow government isn't trying to beam secret instructions into my brain from space. I wish it was so, it would be a better explanation for some of the crazy shit I do at times.

TJ's are already EMP resistant. At least according to one report I read. The Air Force tested one, among other vehicles, at the range in New Mexico. It stopped, but started right back up with no discernable damage. The paper said that if the field strength got high enough to disable the vehicle permanently, the operator would be disabled as well. Nice thought, huh?

Now that is interesting.

What makes our TJ different than all of the other vehicles that will be disabled?

Reactions: chimmike