Engine cooking advice

macleanflood

I break sh!t
Supporting Member
Going wheeling tomorrow...was thinking about lunch...wondering where in the engine bay (4.0) would you lash a foil wrapped loaf of garlic bread and roughly how long should it cook?

I'm thinking 30 minutes hung between the brake booster and EVAP/charcoal thing on my 97. Maybe a bit lower and closer to the headers.

-Mac

Reactions: John Cooper
Going wheeling tomorrow...was thinking about lunch...wondering where in the engine bay (4.0) would you lash a foil wrapped loaf of garlic bread and roughly how long should it cook?

I'm thinking 30 minutes hung between the brake booster and EVAP/charcoal thing on my 97. Maybe a bit lower and closer to the headers.

-Mac

Is that a microwave or convection oven? Maybe air fryer? :unsure: You should call the manufacturer and ask. :LOL:

Really, I have no idea.

I tuck precooked things like burritos, ribs, hotdogs, sausages, fried chicken, etc wrapped in foil next to the fuel rail and leave them there for an hour or so. It's a warmer, not a cooker, so don't make yourself sick by either eating undercooked food or by leaving something there long enough to grow bacteria.

Wrap in foil drive 120 miles!

mandest-4143015091.jpeg

I once did that with a raw fish to a friend of mine to get back at him. His jeep stank bad for a couple days 😂

There is a separate break room at work for a different group of people we don't get along with in general. They did some dumb shit (as usual) so to mess with them we took the kimchi left over from the chow run, froze it (to delay the affects), then hid it under their fridge where the compressor fan would waft the scent. The next day it started stinking and just got worse as the days went by. They couldn't find it for weeks. It was hilarious to see them hanging out in spare office rooms and stuff because they couldn't stand to go in their own break room while we all acted surprised and confused about the smell.