Engine temp

I've never had a problem with the engine temp until just a week or so ago when I was blasting the a/c and noticed the engine temp starting to crawl over 210 to more like 220 or more. Since then now it'll starts to do the same without the a/c on at all and only really normally sits at 210 when I'm constantly driving and it has air flow. No coolant is leaking from what I've seen either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be time to look at a coolant system overhaul. How is the clutch on the fan? It could be getting weak and you are not getting full benefit of the fan.

It's normal for it to crawl over 210 on really hot days when the AC is on or you're sitting in traffic. If it continues to rise beyond that, there's an issue.

It's normal for it to crawl over 210 on really hot days when the AC is on or you're sitting in traffic. If it continues to rise beyond that, there's an issue.
I think that is what he is saying. It start with just running up while A/C was on but now is doing it without A/C and only gets down to 210 while driving at speed.

Reactions: JulietTangoAlpha
I think that is what he is saying. It start with just running up while A/C was on but now is doing it without A/C and only gets down to 210 while driving at speed.

I almost wonder if that's just coincidence though? Either way, if the OP has a cooling system with 100k plus miles and no known history of every being changed, then I would highly suggest an overhaul of the cooling system. It's not that expensive, and it's good piece of mind. Cooling system issues are probably the number one reason for being left stranded on the side of the road.

Here's a thread worth checking out: Jeep Wrangler TJ Cooling System Overhaul FAQ

This is what I mean exactly and as for the clutch on the fan I don't really know what you mean. I'm new to working on jeeps or cars in general and I'm learning as I go.

I almost wonder if that's just coincidence though? Either way, if the OP has a cooling system with 100k plus miles and no known history of every being changed, then I would highly suggest an overhaul of the cooling system. It's not that expensive, and it's good piece of mind. Cooling system issues are probably the number one reason for being left stranded on the side of the road.

Here's a thread worth checking out: Jeep Wrangler TJ Cooling System Overhaul FAQ

Yea I'm at 157k now, but I'll definitely do that if that's the case. How much money would that usually run?

Yea I'm at 157k now, but I'll definitely do that if that's the case. How much money would that usually run?

You'll probably spend about $500 give or take $100. It will last you at least another 100k (probably more), and you'll have that piece of mind.

The issue you're describing almost sounds like a potentially failing fan clutch as @JP98 suggested. I say that because usually a bad fan is when the temperature starts creeping up. Either that or a stuck thermostat.

Have you noticed if the radiator overflow tank is bubbling after turning the jeep off when it's running over 210*?