Engo winch install

Rob5589

Certified video trained differential rebuilder
Supporting Member
Thanks to Allen at @AOR for the winch (ordered it Saturday and it was here yesterday) and @bobthetj03 for the Warn winch plate. Super easy, straightforward install, the only thing needed was to open two holes in the plate slightly. Everything else was a simple bolt up. The plate was used so I cleaned it up and shot it with Rustoleum flat black. Bought new grade 8 bolts for everything. Only thing I need now is a TRE safety thimble, that is why there is no hook installed. After I get the thimble I will pull the abrasion sheath like Blaine recommends as well.
IMG_20170329_144542332_zpsim7sildx.jpg

Oh, still have to aim the new headlights and install the trim rings.

Last edited:
Nah, do want to mess with new, longer cables. The only negative I have found, and it's a small one, is the remote plug in points back toward the grill making it a bit tough to plug in.

I relocated the solenoid on my Warn M8000 to under the hood. I had to get new cables though, but it looks cleaner!

I've always wanted to do this, but couldn't get motivated enough to do it.

It's as easy as just getting longer wires and finding a place to mount the solenoid (mine is right next to the radiator on the passenger side).

I just need to fabricate a bracket to actually hold the solenoid, because right now it's just sitting in there.

Reactions: Kyle_W
It's as easy as just getting longer wires and finding a place to mount the solenoid (mine is right next to the radiator on the passenger side).

I just need to fabricate a bracket to actually hold the solenoid, because right now it's just sitting in there.
Do you have to open the hood to plug in the controller?

Well, the world is still spinning about it's axis and the forces of evil haven't taken over yet.

How's that Engo winch working out for you @Rob5589, have you had a chance to play with it yet?