Enough power?

Kevin Scalise

Does my 2.5l TJ have enough power for Colorado Springs? Will be stationed there and wanted to know if it had enough power for there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, depends. It looks as though you have some lift and tires on your TJ. Did you re-gear to compensate? If not, your rig is going to be pretty gutless, especially at the elevation gain vs Florida. There are several members from CO on the forum so they can give you better info.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Im sure they have 2.5l in every state. I would not be to worried about the elevation change. Thankfully the computer will compensate. It not like in the carburetor days when you had to change jets when you moved to a higher elevation.

While you will lose a couple HP. It will be more mental than physical.
Coming from a high humidity climate to a higher elevation. I doubt you will notice.

Reactions: Kevin Scalise
For daily driving, you shouldn't have any issues. I lived in Boulder, CO for several years with my TJ and noticed no difference in performance between any driving around there and when I lived in TX or MN. As for off-roading, I can't say as I didn't get into any off road stuff back then, but I imagine that it will depend more on the ruggedness of the terrain you aim to tackle and size of tires you run more than any effect of the elevation.

For daily driving, you shouldn't have any issues. I lived in Boulder, CO for several years with my TJ and noticed no difference in performance between any driving around there and when I lived in TX or MN. As for off-roading, I can't say as I didn't get into any off road stuff back then, but I imagine that it will depend more on the ruggedness of the terrain you aim to tackle and size of tires you run more than any effect of the elevation.
Engine size is of lower importance when off road compared to other things that will and won't get you through an obstacle.