Arizona Enough with the rain already

August is monsoon. This is just a weird winter/spring storm that wont go away. I don't mind the monsoons. They only last 1 to 2 hours. This one is constantly raining for over 14 hours now. Non stop.

August is monsoon. This is just a weird winter/spring storm that wont go away. I don't mind the monsoons. They only last 1 to 2 hours. This one is constantly raining for over 14 hours now. Non stop.

Maybe it will fill the lakes back up! I know some of those lakes in the Southwest (Lake Mead) are insanely low!

That's crazy though. In my time in Arizona, I never saw it rain for maybe more than an hour or two during monsoon season.

But hey... Here it rains for 5 months straight... not even kidding about that either.

Reactions: MikeM
It just hasn’t let up at all. Trying to sleep and every time it starts to slow down it picks back up again.

Such a wet winter too. I haven’t had to water the overseeded lawn since around thanksgiving!

Can’t complain too much about it, but it would be nice for it to stop for 15 minutes so I can get some sleep 😂

Lollllll rain? It’s been snowing two days straight here 😂 I will say we’ve had an extremely wet winter and I’m definitely grateful for every drop.

It’s probably gonna take a week for all of this snow to melt off, that’s gonna make a mess of things 🙃

Lollllll rain? It’s been snowing two days straight here 😂 I will say we’ve had an extremely wet winter and I’m definitely grateful for every drop.

It’s probably gonna take a week for all of this snow to melt off, that’s gonna make a mess of things 🙃
Yeah I'm in Tucson and woke up to some white global warming ...errr, I mean climate change on the patio furniture. It's been usually cold this year too.

Yeah I'm in Tucson and woke up to some white global warming ...errr, I mean climate change on the patio furniture. It's been usually cold this year too.
Funny you should say that, I posted this for fun yesterday and some of my friends who tend to lean a little left didn’t find it as humorous 🤷‍♂️

You can see we definitely got it in Sedona.

• Haha
Just spent two weeks by New River AZ, staying with friends. Well pump pressure switch FROZE 5 times, but nothing covered or protected from frost. (It is now!)
Wet. Desert very green. Went skiing at Snowbowl. Shot at Ben Avery.
Started back to Indiana Tuesday between the snows.
48º back here yesterday!

Reactions: ac_
8 days counting for North Alabama, we've had six weeks rain. Rivers are over their banks and I have a new mini pond in my yard and we're due for pretty severe rain/rain after sunset (as if we've even seen the sun.)

Here in Southern WV it’s been raining since last September. No joke almost every day but on the bright side hardly no snow. Although it hasn’t stopped DOH from covering the roads in salt every time they get a chance. I swear I think they do it just to get overtime or something.

Sorry you guys. I feel your pain. I am from Seattle and that is the exact reason why I live in Arizona now. Argh. I don't think I could ever go back!

Yep the winter here has been crazy wet. Started raining Tuesday and has rained at least some every day since got around 5" so far and it was already wet.

images (1).jpeg

:rolleyes:
Being from Western Wa, we usually tell rain complainers about the rain to move to NM or AZ.
I'm not sure where to tell them to go now????