EoTech buy back program

badlieutenant

TJ Addict
My EoTech, over the years, has lost zero several times. It really perturbed me when I'd grab my RR AR15 and go shoot and be consistently hitting left. I'd adjust it a couple clicks over and bam, nothing but perfect center mass shots.

Finally, EoTech is admitting they dropped the ball and are currently buying back EoTech's at retail price! I should be getting a check for nearly $500, soon!

Thanks EoTech!

ACOG, here I come!

Reactions: Chris
I was going to return all of mine, but there is no better alternative for me at this point. I've tried the Aimpoints (several times) but due to an astigmatism I can't see the dot, it's just a red comet streaking across the lens. I really want to be able to use the Micro, it's just not possible.

I was going to try the new Trijicon MRO, but they are having all kinds of problems as well. Until they get their QC sorted out, there is no reason to drop the money to be a test mule. I can see the dot just fine on my RMR as long as I'm wearing my prescription shooting glasses. Hell, I can even see the dot on the Burris Fastfire on my MP5, but those micro dots are too small in my opinion to use on my ARs.

I've put my Eotechs through some pretty harsh conditions (nothing like the military sees in combat use but certainly way more than most people's usual trip to the range) and they have never failed.

Well that explains why I never liked mine!

I sold mine a year or so ago. I thought it was just ME. Unless I'm 100+ yards out, I prefer iron sights anyway now. But I WOULD like to try an ACOG (the cheap bastard in me prevents the purchase though)

What I believe happens, and don't quote me because I could be wrong, is that temperature (for some reason) causes the site to lose zero. I have had to readjust the EoTech several times, and it always seems that it ventures off several clicks left. I just received an email from EoTech asking me to resubmit my claim because it was missing information. I don't see how it could have been missing information because I filled the questionnaire out in its entirety and even got a confirmation email. Either way, I gave them, again, the information that they requested. Hopefully this gets squared away soon because I sure could use that money I spent on their faulty equipment.

They're in hot water with .gov and I think this is the only reason they're doing the right thing. They're being sued. It's a total shit show.

The issue that SOCOM found was thermal drift at extreme temperatures (-40F and +122F) resulting in a +/- 4 MOA shift. Their solution was to re-zero at those temperatures.

Additionally, they found the claim of the RDS to be parralax free to false.

I've taken classes in some pretty harsh weather, but Florida doesn't see temperatures anywhere near that range. I realize that temperatures in a locked car can no doubt reach 122F, but none of the information that I read indicates any kind of time frame for exposure.