Essential Trail Gear / Tools / Spare Parts

I would carry that maybe if I didn't already have SWS.
I bought 50 and pedal them. $20 at the gathering spot (online are $25), $50 on the trail if you decline in the parking lot, and $100 if you've declined in person and call me at home to deliver to the trail.
Get a few groaners but sell a lot at $20 😂.

I’ve gotten disabled rigs off the trail a dozen or so times with this thing: it’s great to have when you need it.

Jeep - Welder - Small Pic - 1-28-2014 008.jpg

Ironically, I’ve not used it even once on my rig.

(No comments from you, Ryan :oops:)

I have the glue tread and I tried to use it once. The slice was at the same location as a slightly raised letter on the sidewall and the sandpaper that they provide is good enough to scuff up the tire but not remove enough material to sand down a letter or anything that may be sticking out. Without having a flat surface it does not seal good. For me it did slow the leak down and allow me to get back to the parking lot with adding air every mile or so. I have had much better luck with just using multiple tire plugs. It would probably work if the slice was in a location where there was no raised letters, etc...

I did start carrying my cordless drill and a tire grinding head so that I could use that to make a flat surface in the future. I may purchase these slugs and throw them in the box. Also, not sure if it was mentioned somewhere, but Colby Valves are also a must have with you on the trail. I ripped off a valve stem during my last outing and within 5 minutes had colby valve installed and aired up.

I have the glue tread and I tried to use it once. The slice was at the same location as a slightly raised letter on the sidewall and the sandpaper that they provide is good enough to scuff up the tire but not remove enough material to sand down a letter or anything that may be sticking out. Without having a flat surface it does not seal good. For me it did slow the leak down and allow me to get back to the parking lot with adding air every mile or so. I have had much better luck with just using multiple tire plugs. It would probably work if the slice was in a location where there was no raised letters, etc...

I did start carrying my cordless drill and a tire grinding head so that I could use that to make a flat surface in the future. I may purchase these slugs and throw them in the box. Also, not sure if it was mentioned somewhere, but Colby Valves are also a must have with you on the trail. I ripped off a valve stem during my last outing and within 5 minutes had colby valve installed and aired up.

Colby valves are in my kit as well.

PXL_20221007_185627939.jpg

I think they addressed that in one of their videos, but I can't find it right now. Basically, you have to remove the raised letter portion either by sanding/grinding or by cutting it flush with a razor blade.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned somewhere, but Colby Valves are also a must have with you on the trail. I ripped off a valve stem during my last outing and within 5 minutes had colby valve installed and aired up.

I carry one of these for replacing a valve stem in the field:

https://ameintl.net/products/qvc-quick-valve-change-tool/

Any of you weighing your rig when fully outfitted?
Mine came in at 5280# with all my "essentials" but w/o a few things you folks list.
Thinking of how to slim down, like minimal wrenches/sockets instead of a full set of metric and SAE of both.

Guess I need to get it all on the floor and do a real inventory and assessment.

View attachment 364274
FWIW
5280#
Rancho 5000x
RE 220# 4.5" springs.
Anti-Roc at softest setting.
65-70mph and slow trail speeds.
Seemed flawless to my butt.

I think they addressed that in one of their videos, but I can't find it right now. Basically, you have to remove the raised letter portion either by sanding/grinding or by cutting it flush with a razor blade.

I carry one of these for replacing a valve stem in the field:

https://ameintl.net/products/qvc-quick-valve-change-tool/

That really cool, I use to work with a guy that had an air powered replacer never seen one before or since then. The air would push it in.