Eugene the magical Jeep

txbemis69

was last seen escaping the asylum
Supporting Member
bought a 2006 X with a 4.0, 42rle & 3.73 gears back in february of 2020. with 47,748 miles on it and bone stock except for 31’s. jeep spent it’s life out in west texas and eastern new mexico with it’s first two owners. i bought it from a used dealer just outside dallas after they picked it up from an auction. the khaki color was and still is not my favorite color but, the low mileage and extremely clean condition sold me on it. in my first year of jeep ownership i tinted the door windows, removed the carpet & bought a lange power hoist for hard top removal. can’t seem to be able to load pictures from the iphone at the moment

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
finally figured out how to post pics.

64CFFE77-4508-4D18-99C5-4ADE888DB571.jpeg

EA170EBB-D193-4988-8C11-A8B608F393C6.jpeg

2F5F45DA-0B50-489C-9127-C064ED147ACB.jpeg

recently installed a banks header, cat back, cold air & tuner. that put a little pep in the 4.0’s step.

smittybuilt bumpers and warn winch with synthetic rope were next things crossed off the list. this thing is way more expensive to make it mine than two harleys were! at least i’m enjoying myself.

7663A9D9-0690-408B-8645-A14013370BCB.jpeg

CC66A160-0613-4A2C-996D-7CB1F740A409.jpeg

B35FABA8-5F22-4728-8745-C34D35D7761C.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
just got a set of five new mammoth boulder wheels in flat black with new 33” pro comp extreme mud mt2 tires. also waiting on a metalcloak 3.5” lift that has been ordered. will be ordering a sye and woods rear driveshaft once lift is on ole eugene. i guess a regear will be next on my agenda. need advice on what gears for decent street ability and moderate off road. any suggestions?

I love the TJ khaki color, at least in pictures. I don't know if I've ever actually seen it in irl.

Reactions: SoCalGlide
installed a new stereo in ole eugene yesterday. seems my sub in the console is not working after swapping the factory unit with a new alpine head unit. wonder why?

Reactions: TJ Starting
installed a new stereo in ole eugene yesterday. seems my sub in the console is not working after swapping the factory unit with a new alpine head unit. wonder why?
Did you connect the new head unit's remote turn on lead to the one in the wiring harness? (Blue wire to blue wire.)

Beautiful Jeep. Keep it as close to the stock look as possible. These are hard to find and highly valued! :love:

Beautiful Jeep. Keep it as close to the stock look as possible. These are hard to find and highly valued! :love:
thanks. it was bone stock when i got it little over a year ago. fixin to do a 3.5” metalcloak lift and 33’s. how do you like your metalcloak lift?

That's what signals to the factory sub amp that it needs to power on.
have done many aftermarket stereo installs amps and all and it never occurred to me to hook up the blue wires since there was no rca output coming out of factory unit. only left/right speaker leads for front and rear speakers coming out of factory unit. new unit has two sets of rca’s to run to amps. sub was working with factory unit but barely noticeable. volume knob on factory unit crapped out after having hardtop off all of last summer.

have done many aftermarket stereo installs amps and all and it never occurred to me to hook up the blue wires since there was no rca output coming out of factory unit. only left/right speaker leads for front and rear speakers coming out of factory unit. new unit has two sets of rca’s to run to amps. sub was working with factory unit but barely noticeable. volume knob on factory unit crapped out after having hardtop off all of last summer.
I understand. I believe the factory sub amp uses speaker level inputs, but still needs the remote lead. If it works but still sounds very quiet or distorted afterward, you may need to check the surround of the driver itself to see if it has rotted.

Very nice looking Jeep, by the way.

I understand. I believe the factory sub amp uses speaker level inputs, but still needs the remote lead. If it works but still sounds very quiet or distorted afterward, you may need to check the surround of the driver itself to see if it has rotted.

Very nice looking Jeep, by the way.
thanks, plan on full speaker replacement one of these days.