EV thread

OK so my concerns as am owner of a Plumbing Company I have about 16 trucks that guys take home. So being in CA I am already screwed, but when things do go all EV I knon my guys will be asking ME to install a charging station at their homes. So how much will it cost to install 16 units, and what do I do for the guys that live in an apartment ? or rent a home ? I guess I will need to get approval from the property owner to install one. So I can see whats next, one of my employees gives notice and now " he, him, her, she, them, they " ownes one of my charging stations or there Landloard does.

Wait for it Next will be hey Boss you need to pay for electric bill, and how do I know how much was used for the company truck vs his EV, hot tub, or AC ??

Let me know your thoughts

You'd have to have a separate meter on the charging station. But I see this as a MAJOR PITA for you as a business owner.

You'd have to have a separate meter on the charging station. But I see this as a MAJOR PITA for you as a business owner.

it actually will make things easier for us. no more having to go though gas card bills and coding what fuel costs go to which job center for whatever trade..

swipe your card and charge, all gets billed to the right cost center and all we have to do is then assign the right trade.

it actually will make things easier for us. no more having to go though gas card bills and coding what fuel costs go to which job center for whatever trade..

swipe your card and charge, all gets billed to the right cost center and all we have to do is then assign the right trade.

OK.....
I'm thinking of all the hassles when someone moves or quits or a landlord doesn't want you to install a charging station or the list of other things that can & will happen.

Not sure how me swiping my fuel card to fill up isn't the same thing. You know how many mile it is from point A to Point B and you charge for those miles.

OK.....
I'm thinking of all the hassles when someone moves or quits or a landlord doesn't want you to install a charging station or the list of other things that can & will happen.

Not sure how me swiping my fuel card to fill up isn't the same thing. You know how many mile it is from point A to Point B and you charge for those miles.

exactly why you put the charger on the jobsite and not at the employee's house/rental/apartment.

i have 10 active job sites spread throughout the state with over 150 trucks on the road, each with a gas card. feel free to come help my office girl code the gas to job site #1 on monday and job site #4 on wednesday for 4 of those trucks but one made a stop at jobsite #3 on tuesday so shit how do i code this fucking arrrrrgh..

exactly why you put the charger on the jobsite and not at the employee's house/rental/apartment.

i have 10 active job sites spread throughout the state with over 150 trucks on the road, each with a gas card. feel free to come help my office girl code the gas to job site #1 on monday and job site #4 on wednesday for 4 of those trucks but one made a stop at jobsite #3 on tuesday so shit how do i code this fucking arrrrrgh..

Glad you seem to like it.... I'm not a EV fan and won't be until it improves a LOT.

Reactions: BugoutJeep and Ocho
it ain't a reality yet.. we're just prepping for the future. office girl can't wait for this shit to actually happen :ROFLMAO:

i'm not an EV fan either for the same reason.. too much to improve yet

There's a lot to be built out and improved on, but at least for a consumer vehicle - they're pretty great. If I could motor swap my TJ for a viable EV drive train I would.

There's a lot to be built out and improved on, but at least for a consumer vehicle - they're pretty great. If I could motor swap my TJ for a viable EV drive train I would.

Good thing you have all that aluminum to compensate for the additional weight.

Good thing you have all that aluminum to compensate for the additional weight.

200.gif

This would not work for me. We are a service and maintance company so my guys are 2 or 3 different locations every day of the week.

OK so my concerns as am owner of a Plumbing Company I have about 16 trucks that guys take home. So being in CA I am already screwed, but when things do go all EV I knon my guys will be asking ME to install a charging station at their homes. So how much will it cost to install 16 units, and what do I do for the guys that live in an apartment ? or rent a home ? I guess I will need to get approval from the property owner to install one. So I can see whats next, one of my employees gives notice and now " he, him, her, she, them, they " ownes one of my charging stations or there Landloard does.

Wait for it Next will be hey Boss you need to pay for electric bill, and how do I know how much was used for the company truck vs his EV, hot tub, or AC ??

Let me know your thoughts

By the time you get electric trucks your guys should be able to charge them at their residence. You have a set reimbursement rate based on kilowatt used throughout the day which will likely be very easy to track.

By the time you get electric trucks your guys should be able to charge them at their residence. You have a set reimbursement rate based on kilowatt used throughout the day which will likely be very easy to track.

Much of that will be built in, unless the auto manufacturers are dumb. In which case there's some easy startup ideas here. It's a lot like the corporate IT policies on company computers.

Reactions: BugoutJeep and Ocho
Much of that will be built in, unless the auto manufacturers are dumb. In which case there's some easy startup ideas here. It's a lot like the corporate IT policies on company computers.

Ford has a lot of that stuff now.

<facepalm>

EVs are nothing more than tools. Like any other tool they do some things very well and they are useless for others. The fact that they have been politicized doesn't make the technology any better or worse for a particular use.

Fueling the Communist China economy. Who controls the most % of the minerals to make the batteries?

And to head y'all off, yes I know it's hard to buy shite here in the USA that is not made in China. That aint the point of my dislike for EV's.