EV thread

No, like I said in the Queen's (Kings?) English: I charged the $21K job to get the points, and PAID IT OFF when the bill came in. My credit score took a nosedive that it still hasn't recovered from.

That's silly. In a previous career I used to charge $15k routinely when they'd send me around the world and my credit stayed in the 800's because I never carried a balance.

You're not schooling me on personal finance, there is a reason why I am financially secure, it's not from the lottery or a trust fund.

clearly no one can school you, despite some gaps you have in your understanding of how credit/finances work.

You're out of touch with what the consumer wants in a vehicle. Most people want the bells and whistles. Consumers don't like the price, but so far, they are willing to pay it.

you misunderstand, I'm not out of touch at all with what customers want, what I'm saying is that most customers are idiots and they are directly responsible for putting themselves in this unaffordable pickle of a car market with all their wants. Again, referring to the average person that's financially upside down across the board, not those that have the actual means to buy whatever they want. There are exceptions to every rule, you may have heard.

People are never satisfied, they want all this horseshit without ill effect just like kids want to eat gummy bears for dinner then cry when their tummies hurt, when those kids grow up they still want to gorge themselves on cookies & ice cream at night on the couch then wonder aloud why they're fat fucks on 13 prescription medications, people are idiots.

That was the problem with always paying cash for everything.

If the powers that be have their way, this won't be a possibility much longer. We already have businesses in the US that no longer accept legal, physical US currency as valid payment for goods and services. Likely more will follow in the near future.

Think about that for a second. Don't know about you but I find this to be a disturbing trend.

There are no gaps in my understanding of how credit and finance works.

I'm also the one here with a degree in accounting.

You go ahead and live in your happy world and I will live in mine. I doubt you and I agree on anything, so let's not drag everyone else through this conversation.

There's actually two sides of this argument: Yes, effete Americans have always tended towards luxury vehicles until that's pretty much all that's available in our market. BUT - I'm finding more and more and more people who do NOT want the "technology" - its just gone too damn far. They still want the power crap, like windows, doorlocks, and even seats, but not the tech. I personally don't want ANY of it.

You're at the pretty extreme end of the spectrum. I am anti technology more than most - however I almost require heated seats and Apple Car Play in a car.

That's silly. In a previous career I used to charge $15k routinely when they'd send me around the world and my credit stayed in the 800's because I never carried a balance.
Silly? I say its bullshit, but its the way of the world these days apparently. I would think that the more lines of credit one had, the less credit worthy you'd be, but its the exact opposite. Have a $22K credit line and DARE to use it, despite an immediate pay off, and your "score" takes a hit. If I'd had a $250K line, it wouldn't matter. I don't get it, what's to keep me from charging all this credit to the hilt then skipping to Rio?

There are no gaps in my understanding of how credit and finance works.

I'm also the one here with a degree in accounting.

You go ahead and live in your happy world and I will live in mine. I doubt you and I agree on anything, so let's not drag everyone else through this conversation.

has degree* in accounting

has low credit score that penalizes him with higher insurance rates

*should return degree and demand refund

Ford's electric woes grew this week as the Detroit auto giant announced it was cutting the price of all 2023 Mustang Mach-E models. The EV's sales fell 51% in January, thanks in part to the elimination of a $3,750 U.S. tax credit. Price cuts start at $3,100 for the battery-powered crossover SUV and max out at $8,100 for the extended-range, high-end premium model. Ford also announced several incentives for the F-150 Lightning electric truck, weeks after limiting its production because of falling EV demand.

Link

• Haha
Reactions: BlueC
Silly? I say its bullshit, but its the way of the world these days apparently. I would think that the more lines of credit one had, the less credit worthy you'd be, but its the exact opposite. Have a $22K credit line and DARE to use it, despite an immediate pay off, and your "score" takes a hit. If I'd had a $250K line, it wouldn't matter. I don't get it, what's to keep me from charging all this credit to the hilt then skipping to Rio?

I have never had a score drop from that, I charge 10-20K/mo for business and pleasure, pay it off at the end of the month, no mortgages on 2 houses and 6 cars paid off. I once charged $110,000 for a business invoice and still no drop....but YMMV

Over the course of 2 years we dropped about 40 pts on our credit score. No debt, increasing assets, I did close some accounts that we never used, thinking that it would reduce the chance of fraud if an account was hacked. I had less available credit, but it was credit we never used. I use CC's for most transactions, that's 2-3k per month usually. We don't spend a lot because we don't need a lot. M-J-J we will bump the spending to 4-6k a month when we head out in the motorhome. I just read that CC debit exceeds 1 trillion dollars, a sure indicator that people are living beyond their means.

Maxing out your credit is a red flag that lowers your score. A sudden increase in usage is also a red flag, as people tend to use up all their credit before defaulting.

If you want to charge 20k you should have 60k or more credit. Think of like tow ratings: you don't really want to use it all.

Reactions: Apparition
Go fuck yourself shithead.

trigger boy.jpg