EV thread

So far I like it. First time in one so I don’t know how anything works. Took me a bit to figure out how to lock the doors once I got out.

Left Hertz with 81% battery and I’m down to 71% after driving to the hotel. They said to return it with some battery left so I don’t need to return it at 81%.

It’s definitely quick but takes some getting used to.

So far I like it. First time in one so I don’t know how anything works. Took me a bit to figure out how to lock the doors once I got out.

Left Hertz with 81% battery and I’m down to 71% after driving to the hotel. They said to return it with some battery left so I don’t need to return it at 81%.

It’s definitely quick but takes some getting used to.

The user interface is very different from normal cars. Once you are used to it it’s great

FeP3N4aWAAEudkk.jpeg

The user interface is very different from normal cars. Once you are used to it it’s great

My coworker ended up with a hemi charger and wanted to race until he heard I had a Tesla. He rode with on the way to dinner and fucked with about every setting on the car.

Reactions: pc1p
My coworker ended up with a hemi charger and wanted to race until he heard I had a Tesla. He rode with on the way to dinner and fucked with about every setting on the car.

I can't remember ever getting the car I was told online I was getting, most of the time they tell me to pick a car.

I wonder what I'll get from Avis on Friday.

Did you pick the Tesla or did they tell you?

Reactions: Apparition
I get to pick and chose it.

I was talking to a guy who told me his Mom had a model 3. He said she didn't like the interior at all. What do you think about the car?

I always try to rent something different, some I couldn't wait to turn back in. Speaking of that I remember back in the 80s renting a Chrysler K car. That had to be the worst car I've ever drove.

I was talking to a guy who told me his Mom had a model 3. He said she didn't like the interior at all. What do you think about the car?

I always try to rent something different, some I couldn't wait to turn back in. Speaking of that I remember back in the 80s renting a Chrysler K car. That had to be the worst car I've ever drove.

I can't complain with the interior I think it's on par with other cars of that price point. I've had Range Rover rentals that were nicer but they aren't nice enough to make me want one either.

It's a nice car and I'd like to have one for running around the cities, a great grocery and commuter car, but I wouldn't replace any of my current vehicles with it just Mrs Apps.

I can't complain with the interior I think it's on par with other cars of that price point. I've had Range Rover rentals that were nicer but they aren't nice enough to make me want one either.

It's a nice car and I'd like to have one for running around the cities, a great grocery and commuter car, but I wouldn't replace any of my current vehicles with it just Mrs Apps.

That was my strategy. The wife gets the model 3. How do you like the regen braking? Funky at first and then you grow to really love one pedal operation.

That was my strategy. The wife gets the model 3. How do you like the regen braking? Funky at first and then you grow to really love one pedal operation.

I like the braking, rarely use the brake. My coworker will be complaining about whiplash cause I've been playing with the acceleration a lot while in traffic so it's hammer it, regen brake, hammer it, regen brake. It definitely feels like the future and for $40/day I can't complain with the cost to try it out.

It's beginning. This is why I'm building backups now. We are headed to this in the US based on the left coast and DC. Energy self sufficiency should be a national priority. Instead they are destroying whole markets and alternatives.

Just cutting power 3 hours a day during the winter months. 🙃

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-6...157596E8478F&at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7

I don't think we're there yet and I'm hoping we see the pendulum shift, but I've always been building and expecting this though I was hoping it would just be a hobby.

However I think at some point the grid will get more in touch with our battery backups and EVs and I'm actually hoping that at some point the utilities will buy some of my energy back at a pretty high rate to assist with brown outs. Might not happen in my area though due to extensive nat gas and coal. I do think the insistence of pushing EV too quickly will end up with using more coal. though maybe we'll just see more carbon capture technology. I've actually worked in research on that and it sucks, but it's certainly possible, just likely close to a last resort if I had to guess.

However sometimes I think they could run power plants with a mix of energy production to compliment each other, but I've certainly not looked into it much what so ever.

Follow up on my Tesla rental. I really enjoyed driving it and started getting used to the software.

It’s crazy quick so it’s fun to drive and handles well.

Things I don’t like are that the frunk is so small I couldn’t even put my carry on sized suitcase in it and shut the lid. But in an EV’s defense I’m not storing luggage under the hood of any of my current cars either.

I also don’t like that it doesn’t have gauges in front of the steering wheel or a heads up display. I find myself staring at the screen a lot which means I’m not looking at the road. There’s a lot of info on that screen. It is weird driving at night and having no lights or gauges in front of you.

I used about 50% of the battery driving 104 miles and I wasn’t easy on it so I’m not surprised. I’m not exactly sure what that model was nor what it’s total range could be but I drove it like I stole it.

Hoping I can get them in the future for rentals.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...cial-session-to-pass-profit-tax-on-oil-giants

Because we all know taxing something will help lower prices. 🙄

Did you know when the government shut everything down for Covid, BP lost $15 billion? So it took a while to break even after their "windfall".

Maybe cut taxes on gas since CA makes more than the companies on a gallon of gas, without doing anything.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/gasoline-taxes-vs-profits/

Now if you count crude itself that's different. But that is a global fungible commodity. Ask OPEC.

Reactions: Apparition