Evap Hose Identification

Alex01

Waiting on USA revolution shafts since November
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Does anyone know what the hose that connects to the leak detection pump and goes to the intake manifold is called? Even better a part number for a 2001.
20200822_112539.jpg

Good luck brother. Many have posted threads about those elbows including myself and I’ve yet to find an answer. I coated mine in RTV and stuck it back on. It got rid of my leak detection pump code but I just threw a P0441 purge flow code today that’s probably related to another rotted elbow. I wish I could find an answer to this. If someone here could make them somehow I’d spend some money on them.

• Sad
Reactions: Alex01
Good luck brother. Many have posted threads about those elbows including myself and I’ve yet to find an answer. I coated mine in RTV and stuck it back on. It got rid of my leak detection pump code but I just threw a P0441 purge flow code today that’s probably related to another rotted elbow. I wish I could find an answer to this. If someone here could make them somehow I’d spend some money on them.
I guess I'll bring it down to the local parts store and see if I can get lucky.

Reactions: Rubicon John
If you find that hose please let me know but I’m having issues with the elbows on the manifold itself rotting out and I think there’s a couple different sizes.

If you find that hose please let me know but I’m having issues with the elbows on the manifold itself rotting out and I think there’s a couple different sizes.
If I find some I'll buy a few extra for you.

• Love
Reactions: Rubicon John
We've started using just plain ole silicone vacuum hose. If you want to leave the hard plastic line, generally a 3-4" piece of the silicone hose on each end will replace the molded rubber fittings.

We've started using just plain ole silicone vacuum hose. If you want to leave the hard plastic line, generally a 3-4" piece of the silicone hose on each end will replace the molded rubber fittings.
Great. I'll just get vacuum hose and call it a day. Thank you.

Great. I'll just get vacuum hose and call it a day. Thank you.
Regular is not the same as silicone. Silicone is much more kink resistant. It also expands further so you can get by with only a couple of sizes. I use 1/8" a bunch and it will easily go up over the 3/16" fittings hard lines.

Thanks for the advice! It works ok given that the fitting diameters are different at each end I take it?

Guessing I can just make a little loop out of the hose to replace the elbow?

FWIW for the next person, the manifold side was 8mm but the elbow I’m pointing at above measured out at about 6.5mm so back to eBay I go.