EVATHETJ...Zero To Hero, One Part At A Time

Took last night off. But now, Psc steering box, pump, and Bedrug are installed. Taking a late lunch break and then moving onto the steering box skidplate from Metalcloak which, in theory should be simple. Here's hoping.
IMG_20180113_152818_502.jpg

Reactions: MikeM
So cool, I love this build so far, definitely one of my favorites.

Thanks man! Really appreciate it.

And for those wondering why there's a light surface rust on it, I bought it off of a friend who decided to go full hydro assist from a different company since he was going to be running 37s.

It had 300.00 km on it and cost me 100$ Canadian...hmmmm yes please. Lol

Reactions: Chris
Those TeraFlex shocks look awesome. But how much better can they really be versus my Ranchos? I wonder...

I looked at the teraflex ones the other day and they are for way to high of lift compared what I have planned for my rig.

Awesome build man keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at the teraflex ones the other day and they are for way to high of lift compared what I have planned for my rig.

Awesome build man keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, thanks, BUT

I feel like an idiot tonight.

Ever have something you're so excited to be finished with that you have a blonde moment? That was me tonight.

20180113_212938.jpg

I was impatient with the 1/2 " ratchet and busted out the impact...and then chipped the powder coat of the skid plate.

And to top it off...realized that there's no predrilled holes on the left side of the jcr bumper, so I only have 2/4 bolts holding it up. Can't believe I overlooked something as basic as that.

It feels firm/like it will get the job done but still...It's half-ass and I hate that.

Ugh.

/Endrant

Much easier to work on the engine the way... You know, with no fenders at all!

was thinking the same thing. I would be replacing anything I saw at this point.

Much easier to work on the engine the way... You know, with no fenders at all!

Tell me about it, I wish I could right now but have to stick to this first stage of the build.

Will be rebuilding the 4.0, tranny, and transfer case (4:1 rebuild) later on in the year

My bank account is loving Eva right now...said no one.

So, work is underway according to plan still...but I was wondering if you fine gentlemen could lend me your knowledge...

Self admittedly, I know very little of wheels, specifically width and backspacing typically needed. I'm looking at buying the duratracs with wheels this week and the quote I requested was a 35x12.5x16 with a 16x8 wheel...Im guessing I need roughly 3.75'' backspacing?

I'm a tad worried if that would still rub the sway bar at full lock, even with the MC fenders. Anyone whos much more knowledgeable on this mind speaking up with some advice? Would be MUCH appreciated before I go dropping 3 grand on the wrong thing.

Long time no see friends, been MIA due to building the new house with the wife and work.

BUT:

Work is back underway on Eva. Finished installing the metalcloak front fenders tonight. Along with the fox shocks and steering stabilizer, h&r springs, MC control arms and trackbars.

Was a busy weekend to say the least. Will post up pictures tomorrow of the progress. Hope everyone has been doing well, looking forward to sharing the build with all of you again!

Reactions: JMT
Didn't realize just how bad the surface rust was until I removed the tire roughly 5 minutes ago. That being said, the bolts have been cooperating so far, unlike the control arms which took 8 hours to remove. I had to torch every single one out, minus the rear ones (obviously directly beside the gas tank)

Anyone else live in an area/used to live in an area where they use salt to counter winter? Talk about brutal.

20180424_141847.jpg

I'm assuming por 15 will cover this up no problem? Anyone with experience able to chip in their 2 cents?