Ever had your Jeep get ducked?

I just look at it as a friendly gesture - and ignore the rest of the crap like I always do. They may very well not participate either - unless they included a paper tag with the references that is. *shrug*

"hashtag" my ass. Its a goddam pound sign!
They included a paper tagged to the duck with the hashtags and what i should do.

Mountain out of a mole hill here. But not participating.

Reactions: matkal
I hate the duck. If I ever get one I'm going to haul off and throw it as far as I can right in front of whoever is standing there.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Rick Flair and 5632
This one might be fun to use....lol

5313E88B-2CC4-48FD-95EB-DE1296BB6766.png

I had my first ducking experience today and man it made me smile love giving fellow keepers the peace sign when driving around town. I plan on buying a bunch of ducks and writing love on the bottom of them and ducking everyone who owns a jeep in my town :)
I hope I'm not a victim

I had my first ducking experience today and man it made me smile love giving fellow keepers the peace sign when driving around town. I plan on buying a bunch of ducks and writing love on the bottom of them and ducking everyone who owns a jeep in my town :)
nothing personal, of course. I just don't feel the love when someone puts a duck on my Jeep.

I followed posts from a huge online Jeep group where nobody wheeled, some did forest service road drives, but most were high as hell on giving and getting ducks. I couldn't unfollow that shit fast enough. Apparently that is "Jeep life". <facepalm>

I followed posts from a huge online Jeep group where nobody wheeled, some did forest service road drives, but most were high as hell on giving and getting ducks. I couldn't unfollow that shit fast enough. Apparently that is "Jeep life". <facepalm>
I’m now seeing them drive around with the entire dash covered-

We went to a Jeep event and you would see them on display in the parking area on the JK hoods. No kidding. All lined up. Not sure what message that sends but It is for real going on. I just thought we had a lot of problems in the world til that got started. It’s like a status symbol, “likes” for your jeep.

Can you imagine two kids in Somalia sitting in mudhole talking -

“In America people live in huge houses, drive beautiful cars and trucks and even fancy jeeps.....and when no one is looking they sneak and put a rubber duck on the other persons jeep- it makes them so happy”

“ No Way ! Why?”

“ I don’t know. Let’s go find some rocks to suck, I’m hungry”

Not making fun of world hunger, what I’m poking fun at is our first world insanity. We have it so much time on our hands and so much abundance we have resorted to “ducking” others. If any civilization has ever peaked we have. Not saying it was a high peak.

One day this practice will mystify sociologists.

In all seriousness, its mostly a girl thing- they love it - and of course us guys will go along with anything that makes a girl smile. Probably dudes out their buying ducks on credit. Got a quack habit to support.

The Jeep has become a sort of a cult ( for lack of a better word- family is a stretch, or maybe it ain’t we bicker so much) if any vehicle ever has- I can’t think of anything that comes close in automotive history.

Last edited:
I’m now seeing them drive around with the entire dash covered-

We went to a Jeep event and you would see them on display in the parking area on the JK hoods. No kidding. All lined up. Not sure what message that sends but It is for real going on. I just thought we had a lot of problems in the world til that got started. It’s like a status symbol, “likes” for your jeep.

Can you imagine two kids in Somalia sitting in mudhole talking -

“In America people live in huge houses, drive beautiful cars and trucks and even fancy jeeps.....and when no one is looking they sneak and put a rubber duck on the other persons jeep- it makes them so happy”

“ No Way ! Why?”

“ I don’t know. Let’s go find some rocks to suck, I’m hungry”

Not making fun of world hunger, what I’m poking fun at is our first world insanity. We have it so much time on our hands and so much abundance we have resorted to “ducking” others. If any civilization has ever peaked we have. Not saying it was a high peak.

One day this practice will mystify sociologists.

In all seriousness, its mostly a girl thing- they love it - and of course us guys will go along with anything that makes a girl smile. Probably dudes out their buying ducks on credit. Got a quack habit to support.

The Jeep has become a sort of a cult ( for lack of a better word- family is a stretch, or maybe it ain’t we bicker so much) if any vehicle ever has- I can’t think of anything that comes close in automotive history.
My wife loves the Ducking, while we were at the Invasion and didn't get ducked(could have been cause I parked so far away) she got mad, picked up 4 ducks from the Bleeping Jeep tent and put them on my dash, yes they are still there I'm not stupid enough to take them off, cause she said our Jeep deserves some too. :oops: :oops:

• Love
Reactions: drivincar67
Yeah, I do it because it makes my wife happy. She gets so happy when she sees the faces of others light up when they get their duck. All for the low low price of some rubber ducks, someone with social anxiety is able to be social with a childlike delight. She is my heart and my saving grace. Her happiness and her effort to share that happiness is far more important than our TJ will ever be. I have said before that if our TJ winds up on an “unfortunate TJ” thread due to “upgrades” I install, it is because that is what she wanted.

“Jeep Life” has evolved through the years, and means different things to different people. She began hers back in the mid 1960s, riding in her father’s jeep that had been purchased at government auction. Our green TJ was purchased because she wanted something that reminded her of that joy. It will always be our Jeep. We laugh when people ask if our TJ is for sale – that will never happen.

All of us here on this forum come from different walks of life with differing opinions; we can be very adamant about those opinions but still get along for the most part. That is what I like about this forum. Well, that and our great love for the TJ.

nothing personal, of course. I just don't feel the love when someone puts a duck on my Jeep.
you gotta stay positive brother man, It just makes me happy someone else took the time and effort to put a rubber duck on my jeep, I think its the inner child in me lol, maybe one of these days you'll get a funny as duck and it'll make you smile

you gotta stay positive brother man, It just makes me happy someone else took the time and effort to put a rubber duck on my jeep, I think its the inner child in me lol, maybe one of these days you'll get a funny as duck and it'll make you smile
Ducks are cool. If someone put a real duck on my Jeep I’d get a kick out of that. Bathtub ducks though? Really. Whoever’s came up with that could have thought it through better. LOL

Reactions: PRNDL